Coopers Community

Cider Help

Hi Folks,

The good lady wife purchased a Brigalow Cider can and would like me to brew her a Cider... Reading the reviews online, I gather the Brigalow kits turn out pretty average.

My theory is, if I brew a good cider for her, it will help in the discussion to upgrade to kegs 🙂

Does anyone have a good Cider recipe that I could run with to impress the wifey? 

Thanks!

Are you saying you want to use the Brigalow cider and make it better or just any recipe? When I want to make a cider for the wife I use MJ cider pouches because they are good and take like 20 minutes, maybe, all up to make and clean up. You can make the sweetness level to her liking by adjusting the amount of sweetener that goes in.

If you wanted to use the Brigalows, I am unsure I don't think I made that one but if the reviews are bad/average I would maybe add apple juice to the batch when/if kegging to help give it some flavour. If you are bottling then you would have to do a lot more stuff if you followed those lines, which include killing the yeast to preserve the flavour of the juice and then figuring out how to carbonate. I would make a MJ pouch and she would thank you for it.

• Like 1