Coopers Community

#BookThemOut

Malter White

Mrs Muzzy and I live fairly close to the Adelaide Hills. So today we had lunch at the Lobethal Bierhaus to spend a few bucks in area affected by the recent bushfires. #BookThemOut

The food was exceptional. All local produce. Mine was a venison meatloaf wrapped in prosciutto with kale and mash and the wife had chicken breast with veg ratatouille and mash. I only had one beer due to being the driver, a Bohemian Pilsener. Nice beer, fairly bitter.

We ate inside but there's an alfresco dining area with live music. One thing that caught my eye but I failed to photograph was their light fittings were lanterns in the shape of hop flowers. Quite cool.

If you are able to visit this place you won't be disappointed. 

IMG_20200301_194817.jpg

IMG20200301130042.jpg

• Like 9

1 minute ago, The Captain!! said:

Good to see people supporting local and enjoying a good meal. 

Captain, the initial motivation to get up there was the support factor but I was blown away by the quality of the food. I'm disappointed it took a bushfire to get me out and I waited this long to visit it. So good.

2 minutes ago, The Captain!! said:

It looks like a brewery I’d like to visit. They have explained a hell of a lot in the website and have noted that neighbouring people have installed such and such. Good to see local is still alive

I think with the way globalisation is going and the loss of our larger farming industries to overseas buyers, more and more we'll see this type of local support in the small business sector. I'm not sure if it was a deliberate ploy but this place didn't even sell Coke. They had Grubb Cola, a Gladstone (SA) soft drink company. The bottle label said the company was in Corowa (NSW) though.

• Like 2

Back when I was working and had the money I always bought local unless it wasn't possible. Unfortunately these days I'm so cash-strapped it is price that matters most. e.g. the LHBS is about a 30% markup on (say) beerbelly.

But Lobethal Bierhaus looks the goods to go on the list for a 'saved-up-for' special occasion.

• Like 1

On 3/2/2020 at 9:56 AM, Journeyman said:

Back when I was working and had the money I always bought local unless it wasn't possible. Unfortunately these days I'm so cash-strapped it is price that matters most. e.g. the LHBS is about a 30% markup on (say) beerbelly.

But Lobethal Bierhaus looks the goods to go on the list for a 'saved-up-for' special occasion.

I know what it's like to watch the budget closely. This place is dearer than pub food but it was really good quality. I hope you can manage it some time.