Coopers Community

Bars and brewpubs in Melbourne

karlos_1984

Hey guys.

Heading to Melbourne for a boys weekend in a couple of months. Never really been out and about there. I'll be staying in the CBD and was just wondering if anyone could suggest some good pubs that have some quality (non megaswill) taps, or if there's any breweries etc in the city that are worth a look.

Cheers.

Up the top end of Little Bourke St, (near state Parliament or Princess Theatre) I used to enjoy Victorian craft beers at Mrs Parmas. 7 taps with a wide variety and plenty of bottled options. You can even get a platter of 4 oz glasses (5 from memory) along with pretzels and a score sheet for comments. 

Good parmas too. They used to one called Parmageddon which has a chilli topping they cooked for 3 days. 😄

Moon Dog Craft Brewery is in Abbortsford (a short Uber away). Really good, they generally have a few good seasonal beers.

West Ale Work in South Melbourne generally have some good IPAs going

Mountain Goat in Richmond was really good, but getting a bit non-crafty now. Speaking of non-crafty The Crafty Squire (James Squire pub) is on Russell Street, and has some really good food.

Hop Nation is in Footscray (uber trip). I haven't checked it out yet, but hoping to head across there in the next couple of months

Stomping Ground is in Collingwood.  There are a few in Collingwood, with The Mill Brewery and the Incubator - I think the latter is new, or I only recently heard of it. 

Long story short... head any direction in Melbourne and you will be able to find a brewery or two.

• Thanks 1

i can also vouch for Mrs Parmas (top of little bourke).

They dont (well didnt a couple of years ago) serve any Megaswill brands, in order to support local stuff. You can sit at the bar, or sit at a table, but it can get busy around main eating times as there is a Theater right near there and people often go there first!