Coopers Community

What Are You Growing? 2020

ben 10

On 9/27/2020 at 7:24 PM, Smashed Crabs said:

Noice harvest, got some major action on all my chillies bushes. I think last year I got 50 - 400 chillies a bush, these things have nearly doubled in size. Expecting some good chillies this year again but struggled to give away Carolina reapers and ghost peppers last year but got a new bunch of people to inflict them on 😅. New project is to learn how to extract the capiscan extract to learn how to make it hotter still. These sprays that are 10x hotter then the actual chilly are insane!! Hopefully I can get close.

Distillation?

19 hours ago, NewBrews said:

Distillation?

Had considered this but I didn't really want my equipment exposed to the chilli's in case the flavour latches on to it and I get some off flavours next runs. Plus the process can be dangerous if distilling +40% ABV so I was looking at a open style low non boil process around 78 degrees in a open area to avoid a possible fire ball slow yes but rather that then lose my eyebrows. 

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My $4 punnet of lovely Eggplant baby plants - planted in beautiful soil and mulched before then having rain.... have lost the lot... I put out the Iron Chelate benign anti snail stuff which has in the past been helpful... appears to not have done the trick... might be slugs.... dunno... come what may - is a disappointing failure...

• Sad 3

On 10/13/2020 at 9:11 PM, Bearded Burbler said:

Snap Peas were a bit steady to begin with but now are keeping up production nicely.... tonight as well some Kale Flower Buds (a bit like Broccolini)

image.thumb.png.d5cdbb9e74a023b0f12d4e9cef466bda.png

The peas look perfect, BB. Blemish free. Good job.

Edited by MUZZY
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm growing nothing. The tomatoes all end up with blossom end rot and those that don't get eaten by something. The chilli seedlings and half my corn cobs got eaten by Possums, the cucumbers had about 5 cukes all up, then just died off. Oh, the zucchinis grew well and we're drowning in the stuff atm. It hasn't been particularly successful this year.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Aussiekraut said:

I'm growing nothing. The tomatoes all end up with blossom end rot and those that don't get eaten by something. The chilli seedlings and half my corn cobs got eaten by Possums, the cucumbers had about 5 cukes all up, then just died off. Oh, the zucchinis grew well and we're drowning in the stuff atm. It hasn't been particularly successful this year.

Sounds like my gardening efforts every year.

• Haha 3

I don't have to grow anything this year because I found this. 😂😂😂🚬

Just kidding. I don't smoke the stuff. There's a pretty cool story behind this I just needed to share.

I drive public transport buses. A few months ago three drongoes hail me and spin me a BS story that they need a free ride. I just rolled my eyes and let them ride. I get to the end of the trip and discover they've shown their gratitude by spitting all over the area they were sitting in. I followed them up and gave them a piece of my mind and vowed they'd never get a ride from me again, free or otherwise.

Last night one of the drongoes hails my bus again. I would've driven straight past but there was also a legitimate passenger at the stop so I had to open the doors. We get to the end of the trip and as he's exiting the bus I see something on the floor. I'm thinking to myself, "This pr1ck has left more crap on my bus". But I didn't do anything about it. I didn't want him to think he'd got the better of me again. Once he'd walked away I go check to see what sh1t he's left for me to clean up. It turns out he's dropped his weekend supply of gunja. You wouldn't believe the joy I got from crushing and throwing it away. I can't wait to see him again and tell him what a great Xmas party we had with it.

Muzz's karma bus rides again. 😂😂

IMG20201211205807.jpg

Edited by MUZZY
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...

So it's been a while.

Couldn't get to Bunnings during lockdown, work beyond stupid, 6month old...

Then ditched the plinth board edge and went for sleepers. Looks much better.

But almost there.

Just need to put posts on the inside to support the beds and then crushed rock.

Pretty happy with it!

The "Mercury" thing is a fire pit from a place here in Victoria. They do metal cut fire pits/eskys. 

Got rid of the one in the backyard. Got sick of mowing around it lol.

PXL_20201230_061602965.jpg

PXL_20201230_061618306.jpg

• Like 2