Coopers Community

What Are You Growing? 2020

ben 10

11 minutes ago, The Captain!! said:

Lusty has embellished a little @MUZZY

The bloke in the middle of the picture is gardening Australia’s own Tasmanian Tino Carnevale.
And It’s not Australian, just regional, as I live in WA we can’t post or have other forms of garlic enter WA for disease and pest reasons. (Quarantine). But yeah I am one of the more prominent growers in the amateur category and do ok each year. 
cheers 

I understand. Big fish, little pond. 😁😁😁

Onions M8,

They grow like that south of Australia. Not worth growing so best left to the amateur's.

We have no idea how to grow garlic.

Lusty is right as always.

The snakes down here spit C19 & the sharks pluck fisherman from their boats for lunch!!

Just don't come here, promise me??

Cheers YB

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

Decided a while a go to put in some garden beds.

That then grew into raised beds

That then grew into an area that will be stone and have somewhere to sit and have a fire as well...

So I've dug a hole... It's 10mtrs x 3.5mtrs

Just waiting until I can move around Melbourne again to get to Bunnings and the garden supplier. Il try remember to keep U posted

IMG_20200901_131735.jpg

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, RepSpec said:

raised beds

A truly beautiful thing mate... Raised beds

There is somewhere on this thread I think some wicking beds... scoria in the bottom... so you get the water from below and is very water efficient...  might be worth a thought...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bearded Burbler said:

Cappy mate is some of your monster festive garlic crop in raised beds?

All in raised beds BB. Good for drainage however we don’t have an issue with drainage here on Bassendean sand flat. 
 It is possibly the worst soil in the world for growing anything ha haha

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

What am I growing? Poorer!
I have this uncanny knack of backing horses that either run second for the win or they run fourth if I'm on each way. Sheesh!!!

Anyway here's a photo of some coriander. No big deal except my very shrewd daughter who needed some coriander for a recipe, instead of buying a bunch of cut coriander for $4 she bought a struggling seedling pot of it for the same price. She plucked what she needed and we planted the rest. The spring weather has given it a real boost. 🙂☘️

IMG20200919172121.jpg

Edited by MUZZY
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, MUZZY said:

I have this uncanny knack of backing horses that either run second for the win or they run fourth if I'm on each way. Sheesh!!!

Thought I would share this Muzzy. That is the Doomben 10,000 trophy. The wife and I were part owners of the winner.   Good horse that one, won 4 group races. 

20160528_163153.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, MartyG1525230263 said:

Thought I would share this Muzzy. That is the Doomben 10,000 trophy. The wife and I were part owners of the winner.   Good horse that one, won 4 group races. 

20160528_163153.jpg

I wish there was a love button to press, Marty. That's great.

What was the horse's name?

Noice harvest, got some major action on all my chillies bushes. I think last year I got 50 - 400 chillies a bush, these things have nearly doubled in size. Expecting some good chillies this year again but struggled to give away Carolina reapers and ghost peppers last year but got a new bunch of people to inflict them on 😅. New project is to learn how to extract the capiscan extract to learn how to make it hotter still. These sprays that are 10x hotter then the actual chilly are insane!! Hopefully I can get close.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Smashed Crabs said:

New project is to learn how to extract the capiscan extract to learn how to make it hotter still.

Chillies in oil for cooking... and maybe Chillies in Vodka/Schapps pure spirit - for addition to drinks?