Coopers Community

what funghi on yonder beer wort grows....

worry wort

Latest worts been down a week, took a SG reading and sampled the brew, it was 'orrible, tasted sort of curdled, which i know it cant be, but that the best thing i can compare the taste to. Took the lid off and found this scumming up the top. Its a real ale kit, 1kg ldm, 25g centennial, using safale05 yeast. Any ideas? moreso, is there a life vest I can throw at this or is throwing it the best? Oh, as an afterthough, temps been running about 24.

growth1.jpg

growth2.jpg

Edited by worry wort

42 minutes ago, worry wort said:

i've never had this cover after a week, its usually settled down. This brew smells like vinegar, and has a very strong, unpleasant taste which I can't quite describe, very sour. 

\

If that's the case, then tip it. I've had beers with this vinegary smell and sour taste but kept them, hoping they'd improve. Well, they didn't. 

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Aussiekraut said:

If that's the case, then tip it. I've had beers with this vinegary smell and sour taste but kept them, hoping they'd improve. Well, they didn't. 

yeah, didn't want to accept the waste but i figured that was the best option. cheers for the input.

• Sad 1