Coopers Community

Tassie Road Trip

YeastyBoy

Bags packed, essentials only. Time for a lap of the little Island, south of Australia.

425704024_Bagspacked.thumb.JPG.8ddc3d48042b922850e2332299909b44.JPG

Why I like cans & did not wring the throttle for fear of showering some lucky motorist with a few tinnies!!

Happy new year guys. May you have a great 2020.

Cheers YB

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Worts and all said:

No need to BYO. We do brew some of the country’s best beer here in Tas. (No disrespect to Cooper Pale. Not a bad beer when you can’t have the proper Boags or Cascade.) Enjoy beautiful Tasmania!

Agree, gotta taste the local brews when in the southern State. Always time Launceston arrival time around beer oclock so I can drop into St Johns Craft Beer for a great range crafty brews.

Cheers YB

Edited by YeastyBoy
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Journeyman said:

Gonna be a quick trip with only 1 slab. 😄

Probably should have a strap around the length of the box just to be safe.

Lol, normally will need to supplement along the way. Couple of local brews to try.

Hearing yah, dragged the box from the bottle shop to my digs like so, before repacking in the saddle bags otherwise box is likely to disappear off the bike when going around a good left hand sweeper. 

Cheers YB

• Haha 1

On 1/18/2020 at 8:12 AM, YeastyBoy said:

Bags packed, essentials only. Time for a lap of the little Island, south of Australia.

425704024_Bagspacked.thumb.JPG.8ddc3d48042b922850e2332299909b44.JPG

Why I like cans & did not wring the throttle for fear of showering some lucky motorist with a few tinnies!!

Happy new year guys. May you have a great 2020.

Cheers YB

I like your thinking but there are so many good beers in Tassie, you shouldn't need those emergency rations 🙂 

If you like farmhouse ales, check out 2 Metre Tall Farmhouse Ale & Cider. Can't give you the exact address but they're in Hayes (well, they're actually straight off the highway up a long driveway) on the Lyell Highway between New Norfolk and Gretna. Last time I was there, they had some really interesting brews on tap.

45 minutes ago, Hairy said:

Seven Sheds Brewery in Railton is a nice little brewery.

I’ll endorse that- he makes a tasty range of brews. If cider interests you ,Spreyton Cidery provide lovely cider,food.and on occasion, great music.I may be biased ,it’s in my neighbourhood ,but you would not be disappointed. Enjoy!

• Like 1