Coopers Community

Costs, home brew & peace on Earth

Journeyman

SWMBO has always hated beer, with a passion. Tried lots of different ones from tap, all horrible according to her.

Now, I can't believe my missus now likes beer - MY home brew beer.

That I paid for from MY money!

Suddenly my calcs for how long my cupboard full will last have been halved.

I'm trying to work out how to broach the subject of her paying her way. 😄 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

+1 to the above(s).

Be really happy that she likes your beer & is being supportive of your hobby making it. My partner doesn't mind a decent hoppy & bitter beer that is really cool. And she really likes most of my beers.

Whenever I tap a new beer I always pour her one to see what she thinks. It's actually really good feedback. 😎

Cheers,

Lusty.

• Like 3

Good excuse to do more brewing I reckon. My missus likes the hoppy ales, and also enjoyed that English Bitter I had on tap recently. Sometimes she has a bit of a whinge about the equipment being where it is but overall she's supportive of it. Kinda had no choice in a way, I already had all my equipment before I met her aside from the second brew fridge, so I wasn't giving it up 😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I understand what you mean, Journeyman. We have allowances for whatever we want to get and my wife also like a to drink my brews but doesn't pay...I have thought about it and came to the conclusion that I can share and will buy brew ingredients whenever I want to, so I guess I don't count the brew stuff as my allowance part 😁. Hmmm maybe take that philosophy and just include the grog as household costs and keep your allowance.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

At the last BeerInCider, SWMBO tried a few beers (she goes there for the cider) I got and there were a few she thought weren't "too bad for beer". So I tried to get her to try a few beers but nothing. Even Stone & Wood is "too beery" So nope, the beer is all mine. She helps with making the beer but doesn't want to drink it. Win-win...for me 😂 She's supportive of the hobby but not necessarily with the cost involved, although it was her who told me to get the Guten.  She was also happy with the 2nd fridge but so far, rejects the idea of a keg fridge. "Two is enough" and "what's wrong with bottles?". She seems to soften her stance though...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Aussiekraut said:

At the last BeerInCider, SWMBO tried a few beers (she goes there for the cider) I got and there were a few she thought weren't "too bad for beer". So I tried to get her to try a few beers but nothing. Even Stone & Wood is "too beery" So nope, the beer is all mine. She helps with making the beer but doesn't want to drink it. Win-win...for me 😂 She's supportive of the hobby but not necessarily with the cost involved, although it was her who told me to get the Guten.  She was also happy with the 2nd fridge but so far, rejects the idea of a keg fridge. "Two is enough" and "what's wrong with bottles?". She seems to soften her stance though...

Darling, would you like a new dress always works for me ? 🤣🤣

• Haha 1

My wife drinks my beer so I’m trying to get her to share the load.

My offer was:

I brew and she does all the cleaning.

It wasn’t accepted!!

So we negotiated and we agreed that:

I will brew & clean and she will drink it.

Marriage is all about compromise.

• Haha 9

4 minutes ago, Hairy said:

My wife drinks my beer so I’m trying to get her to share the load.

My offer was:

I brew and she does all the cleaning.

It wasn’t accepted!!

So we negotiated and we agreed that:

I will brew & clean and she will drink it.

Marriage is all about compromise.

Think you got shafted Hairy 🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Single life is AWESOME .... I have been married 3 times for a total of  31 years and when I am not married I miss it. But I just love being single have so much fun and all my time is mine to decide what to do with it.  It is a strange paradox.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Norris! said:

I understand what you mean, Journeyman. We have allowances for whatever we want to get and my wife also like a to drink my brews but doesn't pay...I have thought about it and came to the conclusion that I can share and will buy brew ingredients whenever I want to, so I guess I don't count the brew stuff as my allowance part 😁. Hmmm maybe take that philosophy and just include the grog as household costs and keep your allowance.

I like the way you think... 😄

• Like 1

14 hours ago, The Captain!! said:

I couldn’t go back to single life. Wouldn’t know what to do with my time. 
I waste so much time waiting for her to be ready

Saw a quote years back - "The 5 minutes before a woman is ready is the same 5 minutes a man says he'll be leaving the pub in" 😄

• Haha 6