Easy one yesterday

Coopers Pale tin

1Kg LDME

400g beechwood mountain honey

25g Mosaic at 30 mins and 10 mins

US 05 Pitched at 18

OG 1042

Cheers 🍻

First taste test 12 days after bottling (bulk primed with raw sugar). 
I’m really impressed with this, the honey has shone through and it tastes like a Hoegaarden! 

• Like 5

Brew Day with a slightly finer crack on the mill after advice from my 'Drug_Dealer' (haha my malted grain supplier) to try a slightly finer crack - Bo Pils, Munich and Wheat... 64 degrees... on rainwater. 

Hopefully the cracked malt is not too floury which I guess is the other end of the spectrum of milling challenges..

image.thumb.png.612757695816d032d23a103208938ac4.png

• Like 5

Recipe: Aussie Draught
Brewer: Grumpy
Style: Australian Sparkling Ale
TYPE: All Grain

Recipe Specifications
--------------------------

Batch Size (fermenter): 21.00 L   
Estimated OG: 1.049 SG
Estimated Color: 6.2 EBC
Estimated IBU: 24.6 IBUs
Brewhouse Efficiency: 75.00 %
Est Mash Efficiency: 86.4 %

Ingredients:
------------
Amt              Name                                             Type          #          %/IBU         Volume        
4.00 kg          Coopers Pale Malt (4.2 EBC)                      Grain         1          94.1 %        2.61 L        
15.00 g          Pride of Ringwood [9.10 %] - First Wort 60.0 min Hop           2          16.9 IBUs     -             
0.25 kg          Corn Sugar (Dextrose) [Boil] (0.0 EBC)           Sugar         3          5.9 %         0.16 L        
3.65 g           Brewbrite (Boil 10.0 mins)                       Fining        4          -             -             
15.00 g          Pride of Ringwood [9.10 %] - Steep/Whirlpool  60 Hop           5          7.7 IBUs      -             
1.0 pkg          California Lager (Mangrove Jack's #M54)          Yeast         6          -             -             

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Like 7

On 10/3/2020 at 9:01 PM, Pale Man said:

I have a feeling of greatness for this one. For some reason I was so calm and enjoyed everything without stressing out.

And by the looks with the result you got it was a win-win all round Paleo!?! ; )

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Pale Man said:

I'll serve you some fish and chips with fresh lemon. Beer battered fish. Just turn up and it's on.

Wow.

Fresh fish and fresh lemon... cannot beat that mate!

KGW?

Luvyerwork.

Great stuff.

BB

• Haha 1

Third rendition of my Aus style lager today. 
tweaking some bits and pieces. Pretty simple recipe but playing with the nitty gritty rather than the recipe itself. Water to grist, mash n boil pH and dilution rates  post sparge yadda yadda yadda. Should be the best version yet. All numbers were spot on Woe to go. 

barrett Burston pale 

carapils 

dextrose 

POR @ 60 and 30 with a sprinkle of EKG @ 10 

30IBU

should be  4.7% with an OG of 1.041 

and an FG of 1.007

2L starter of SAFlager189 went in at 14 degrees and free rising to 16.5 where it will sit for the majority.

D2423041-1D85-4177-B050-4ECDD6ECCB4A.jpeg

Edited by MitchBastard
  • Like 5

Recipe: Hop2iT
Brewer: Grumpy
Style: White IPA
TYPE: All Grain

Recipe Specifications
--------------------------

Batch Size (fermenter): 21.00 L   
Estimated OG: 1.067 SG
Estimated Color: 7.3 EBC
Estimated IBU: 65.5 IBUs

Ingredients:
------------
Amt              Name                                             Type          #          %/IBU         Volume        
3.00 kg          Coopers Pale Malt (4.2 EBC)                      Grain         1          50.0 %        1.96 L        
3.00 kg          Wheat Malt (Barrett Burston) (3.0 EBC)           Grain         2          50.0 %        1.96 L        
12.00 g          Zappa [9.00 %] - Boil 60.0 min                   Hop           3          10.6 IBUs     -             
100.00 g         Amarillo [8.90 %] - Steep/Whirlpool  20.0 min    Hop           4          26.5 IBUs     -             
50.00 g          El Dorado [15.00 %] - Steep/Whirlpool  20.0 min  Hop           5          22.4 IBUs     -             
20.00 g          Samba [10.00 %] - Steep/Whirlpool  20.0 min      Hop           6          6.0 IBUs      -             
1.0 pkg          Belgian Wheat Yeast (Wyeast Labs #3942) [124.21  Yeast         7          -             -             

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Ben 10 said:

Benny what sort of final grav and ABV will you likely end up with ?

You are truly the Free Spirit of brewing...  the Malt Bill might construe a wheat beer - along with the Yeast... but megahop brings along the IPA scene...

Wonderful stuff - really keen to see how this works out mate!