Coopers Community

Kegs on the way.

MitchBastard

Howdy all.

as the title says, I got kegs on the way. Is there a corner of the internet that will provide a fairly straight forward run down from FV to keg to force carbing and anything else I need to know like lines lengths, serving pressure and temps and anything else in between.? I understand there’s a kegging thread but i don’t really feel like scrolling through 31 pages just at this point in time. Might be a sensory overload. 

I’ve  just gone with a Pluto gun set up, so no taps at this point as I’d like a bit of versatility from my fridge. 

happy brewing in 2020 guys and gals.

• Like 2

Haha, not saying the keg thread ain’t helpful but I know how topics can veer sideways sometimes 😜

yeah YouTube has been my friend so far. 

lol craigstube makes me laugh. The way he reacts tasting his own beer. 
“phoooooaaaaah! That is really something”

• Haha 3

The only thing you will need to get a grip on is the serving pressure as the pluto gun will have a shortish line. I say start about 6 for serving pressure and see how it goes should pour around 10 seconds to the pint. Also best to pour into a jug. I pour into jugs and glasses but find jugs better the 1st pour of the day. 

As per the general  rule to have 1-2psi at the  pluto tip, my keg is near even height  with the pour, so I have 4 feet of line and pouring pressure of 14psi.

Loss of 3psi per foot means 2psi at pluto tip.

Pours great at 4c from the fridge.

Cheers

• Thanks 1

I hardly ever use my Pluto gun, only for bbq,s etc, or going to my brothers place, but 6 is about my serving pressure. I bought an esky from Bunnings, bastardised it and turned it into a mobile keg esky ( small 9.5L keg ), I’ll dig out some pics from my old IPad 🤣🤣

• Haha 1

On 1/1/2020 at 4:15 PM, MitchBastard said:

lol craigstube makes me laugh. The way he reacts tasting his own beer. 
“phoooooaaaaah! That is really something”

I used to watch a lot of CraigTube but he's gone rather quiet in recent times. Too busy with other channels.