Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2020?

BlackSands

15 minutes ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

Dead Ant pale ale, kegged yesterday. Bit muddy but I did inadvertently tip some of the sludge from the fermenter into it. Still, tastes pretty good and pretty decent hop aroma too 

PSX_20200118_172437.thumb.jpg.1a037cbd4ccc4c0a4fd239be66cb5aac.jpg

Looks good, wicket looks a bit green, could turn a bit 🤣🤣

• Haha 3

I am drinking at some friends, Mexican night, so we are drinking Pacifico but I brought a growler of the tropical ale, galaxy, citra and Amarillo with pilsner and wheat. My friends love it, so much that the only beer left is Pacifico 🥵. Fair enough, they said it tasted like beechworth pale ale, so I will take that.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Norris! said:

I am drinking at some friends, Mexican night, so we are drinking Pacifico but I brought a growler of the tropical ale, galaxy, citra and Amarillo with pilsner and wheat. My friends love it, so much that the only beer left is Pacifico 🥵. Fair enough, they said it tasted like beechworth pale ale, so I will take that.

Drank that Pacifico whilst on holiday in Punta Cana, closed complex, only beer I could get, switched to Vodka which I haven’t drank in yrs. Go your tropical ale 🍺

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, PaddyBrew2 said:

My all citra IPA / zombie dust clone.  I would wholeheartedly urge anyone looking for an ipa recipe to try this. She’s a cracker. A few different malts in there but the citra is explosive. My best beer to date 

Mate that is a masterpiece!  Well brewed.  Be nice to have a crack at an all Citra IPA one day.  Cheers Paddy. BB

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PaddyBrew2 said:

My all citra IPA / zombie dust clone.  I would wholeheartedly urge anyone looking for an ipa recipe to try this. She’s a cracker. A few different malts in there but the citra is explosive. My best beer to date 

5BA86A50-8C38-4315-8B77-02C16580CC32.jpeg

Put this on the Scottie mantle for best beer. Paddy, I know you posted the recipe before, but do us a favour and slide it in here. Bloody beautiful Mate (Ocher accent)

• Haha 1

One of my last extract brews before I will be drinking my AG. 

Anarchy IPA with a few little adjustments. Nice beer and great head retention. Creamy as. 

Bitterness that hits hard but a nice after taste of the hops. 

Happy brewing. 

20200117_180150.jpg

Edited by MitchellScott
  • Like 9

First schooner of my 1st AG brew an English Bitter. Has a distinct hint of nut and carob or chocolate which must be from the 4% Carafa Special Type 1.  Bittered with Fuggles and EKG with an EKG flame out.  Very pleasant and clean flavours. Looking forward to leaving it in the keg untouched for a couple of weeks so it can condition a tad.  In a word impressed.  

20200119_165256.jpg

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Aussiekraut said:

The difference between AG and k&b is astonishing isn't it? I've done 4 AG brews so far and I am looking forward to what's in store for me as I get better at it.

Good stuff AK.

I think that you can get close to AG with KnK liquid malt extracts only and hops... no dried malt or BEs or dex... only liquid malt extracts.

But yes I think it is a quantum leap KnK to AG... a beautiful thing.

But as I think @Otto Von Blotto and @Beerlust said early on when I was investigating going into AG...

A well made KnK is a lot better than a bad AG...

Edited by Bearded Burbler
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Aussiekraut said:

The difference between AG and k&b is astonishing isn't it?

With just the one brew under my belt I can not say that yet. It is good and I can taste the way once can control the flavour buy changing the % of the grain bill but to me the jury is still out to whether there is the quantum leap and if it is worth the time. While I am not time poor and it was not onerous my 1st 2 brews have taken over 11 hours to do as  I chill and pitch same day.  Now that is a large chunk of time.   But I can see how there is greater control and therefore diversity of flavours that can be acheived just by grain bill manipulation alone and when bittering and aroma are considered well that just multiplys the possibilities.