Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2020?

BlackSands

Speaking of Red Ale Trickery... here is a dirty old Toucan... from memory with Coopers Dark Ale and Coopers Lager... from me mate's festive photo it could nearly be passed in as a Red Ale from the colour or?  😜

Just gotta get it in the right light ha ha ; )

image.png.de1042b91fde01a17ea0b587ef2a9e05.png

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Bearded Burbler said:

Speaking of Red Ale Trickery... here is a dirty old Toucan... from memory with Coopers Dark Ale and Coopers Lager... from me mate's festive photo it could nearly be passed in as a Red Ale from the colour or?  😜

Looks great mate

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Got the Grapefruit IPA on high pressure at the moment, take it off in the morning. Then let rest for a few hrs.

Hopefully I’ll finish drinking this keg tonight ( Pacific Summer Ale ), it’s getting close, maybe 1 or 2 more pints, tough job but someone’s got to put the hand up to do it. 🤣🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Bearded Burbler said:

Is that a nipple on your fence😂

• Haha 3

Phhhhhhhhhhhhar out I tell yer - it is bad enough having the ffffffffffilthy roos eating yer hops... but now I got blooooooody great beasts trying to slurp me kegs.

You'd reckon that with 8 Legs he'd soon suss out how to work the Pluto Gun hey!?!

image.png.0aeb4e5ce063dba7e5e73b44228fc9ed.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

30 minutes ago, Bearded Burbler said:

Phhhhhhhhhhhhar out I tell yer - it is bad enough having the ffffffffffilthy roos eating yer hops... but now I got blooooooody great beasts trying to slurp me kegs.

You'd reckon that with 8 Legs he'd soon suss out how to work the Pluto Gun hey!?!

image.png.0aeb4e5ce063dba7e5e73b44228fc9ed.png

Roos eating your hops? I think id be eating Roo burgers if they kept that up. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Greeny1525229549 said:

Roos eating your hops? I think id be eating Roo burgers if they kept that up. 

Mmmm sounds like a lot of work... maybe just feed them to Bruce's big black dog - or get the Feral Trappers to turn them into feral trap bait.

I have been very very reasonable for a very very long time.

I fenced my garden (with nothing in it due to drought)… but when I had a cuppla pots near the house - including hops - and they bit a section out of one of my champion spiralling humulus lupus Dr Rudi beauties... the world changed.

Edited by Bearded Burbler
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Red devil 44 said:

First Grapefruit IPA from the keezer, strange taste, slightly bitter with just a hint of Grapefruit in the background.

Hmm, not sure what to think yet, although it is refreshing on a stinker of a day though. 🤔🤔

Cheers RD 🍺

Pool looks nice, Beer looks great, but dunno about the dodgy Footy Team on the Glass mate?😝

Aaaah now I see the RD connexion... ; ) 

Probably the only thing that keeps poor old Manchester alive?

Well played RD.  Brew Up and Brew On!

Cheers. BB

7 minutes ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

Nothing to do with that, just usually you'd use German noble hops and W34/70 or something to get something close to a Helles. 😂

I hear you. Sometimes I have no idea what type of beer I made, so I just call it a Helles. As in, "I don't know what the Helles this is, but it is nice!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

So this may not be that interesting to you lot as it's not a new beer, but different for me... as I am really enjoying the big IPA in a Pale Ale Glass... and... is this Ale getting Paler?  Certainly cleared up nicely and not a Sturgeon's swim bladder or any ground up poly-pipe in sight!  Just good old US05 and 2 deg C in the Keg. 

Cheers Brewers and have a ripper weekend!  We are getting a drop of rain so that is pure GOLD.

image.png.8a212ea9d7c954a3a425c3e24c2041a8.png

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Bearded Burbler said:

So this may not be that interesting to you lot as it's not a new beer, but different for me... as I am really enjoying the big IPA in a Pale Ale Glass... and... is this Ale getting Paler?  Certainly cleared up nicely and not a Sturgeon's swim bladder or any ground up poly-pipe in sight!  Just good old US05 and 2 deg C in the Keg. 

Cheers Brewers and have a ripper weekend!  We are getting a drop of rain so that is pure GOLD.

image.png.8a212ea9d7c954a3a425c3e24c2041a8.png

Nice looking brew there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Norris! said:

Purist of the rheinheitgebot. 😁

Well the Reinheitsgebot is actually associated with the INGREDIENTS... and has phhhharque all to do with the STYLE...  there are more beer styles in Deutschi than methods to skin a cat.

So if @Red devil 44 complies with WATER HOPS MALT YEAST without any other extraneous unwanted foreign materials - the brew complies @Norris!    ; )

And hence with this brew, Red may be a Reinheitsgebot purist...  aaah that is a beautiful thing.  A Manchester United Supporter aligned with German Brewing Laws.

Gotta be happy with that 😎

I suspect Red would be happier to do that than support FC Bayern München

Capture.PNG.a8710d8c537f4321a0f4ce93cbd2a4a7.PNG

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Bearded Burbler said:

Well the Reinheitsgebot is actually associated with the INGREDIENTS... and has phhhharque all to do with the STYLE...  there are more beer styles in Deutschi than methods to skin a cat.

So if @Red devil 44 complies with WATER HOPS MALT YEAST without any other extraneous unwanted foreign materials - the brew complies @Norris!    ; )

And hence with this brew, Red may be a Reinheitsgebot purist...  aaah that is a beautiful thing.  A Manchester United Supporter aligned with German Brewing Laws.

Gotta be happy with that 😎

Capture.PNG.a8710d8c537f4321a0f4ce93cbd2a4a7.PNG

Ha ha, love yer work BB, I do love my German Style beers & Man Utd.

I know this brew is loosely based on a German Style, but is quite refreshing.

Drunk plenty of Steins & brews whilst in Germany in my early 20,s & got lucky with a few barmaids with big you now what’s, great place, great people😜😜

Oops, did I just say that 🤣🤣

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Bearded Burbler said:

You shouldn't post this logo without warning. In fact, you shouldn't post that logo at all. It is pure evil If you look at the logo for more than 5 seconds, Uli Hoeness will own your soul for all eternity. The FCB, the dark side of the force. 🤮

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Aussiekraut said:

You shouldn't post this logo without warning. In fact, you shouldn't post that logo at all. It is pure evil If you look at the logo for more than 5 seconds, Uli Hoeness will own your soul for all eternity. The FCB, the dark side of the force. 🤮

Luvyerwork AK!

Yes it was more to fire up my man from Man U so I apologize profusely and will never do it again.

In the meantime, maybe the below from the Viktualienmarkt will make us all feel a bit better...  and goodness me... look at that... there is the Münchner Reinheitsgebot... which would likely have been the origin of the Bayern law in 1516 that prevails today?

image.thumb.png.a70d1196bbc681a434bd4619f1a56bbb.png

• Like 1