Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2020?

BlackSands

Rudstickle Golden Ale - day 16 tasting.  

A 84%grain/16%LME brew once again featuring the less fashionable, but very affordable NZ hops Sticklebract and Dr Rudi.   It's a wee bit hazy despite my usual CC... the only difference that may account for that is the use of kit yeast as opposed to M36 or M42/Nottingham which I usually use.   Otherwise... a very nice light and refreshing beer!   😃

RudStickle-3.jpg

• Like 8

The maiden pour from the new keezer. My ‘Simchin’ pale ale. I have the keezer set at 3 degrees but the beer isn’t cold enough so I’ll drop it a bit more. It still need more carbonation though.

Pale malt, vienna and caramunich 1 with simcoe and chinook hops. 

682732B7-13DA-4137-BC0A-4FE90F5288FF.jpeg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Beer Baron said:

The maiden pour from the new keezer. My ‘Simchin’ pale ale. I have the keezer set at 3 degrees but the beer isn’t cold enough so I’ll drop it a bit more. It still need more carbonation though.

Pale malt, vienna and caramunich 1 with simcoe and chinook hops. 

682732B7-13DA-4137-BC0A-4FE90F5288FF.jpeg

Looks good BB 🍺

10 hours ago, PaddyBrew2 said:

He loves it mate.  Have to take the fcker on three walks a day though.  The Aussie working dogs need to expend their energy which is fair enough. But sometimes daddy likes to sink piss 

Somebody needs one of those beer backpacks so he can take the beer inoculations WHILE walking the dog. 😄

dispensing-bags-large.jpg

• Haha 5

19 hours ago, Greeny1525229549 said:

1st tasting of a Belgian dubbel. About 1 month in the bottle. Beautiful head. Nice and smooth with no alcohol taste despite coming in at 7%. Will be more tasty come winter im sure.

Beautiful stuff Greeny - you are without doubt the King of the Belgians!

Great stuff.  And really like that AG good brew excellence where the beer tastes great and no nasty alc taste even tho ABV is nicely up there!  Well played mate.

BB

22 hours ago, PaddyBrew2 said:

My first stab at a Hefeweizen.  50% Pilsner 50% wheat and a small bittering addition of hallertau. Absolute cracker.

Mate that ripper HW is a thing of beauty! 

Well done.  Snap on the colour.

More festive dog and less nasty smoke at your place 👍

Enjoy mate...  nice Spiegelau glass to boot... ; )

image.png.ce78c4942246020a8e43e0fbaa960931.png

Edited by Bearded Burbler
  • Haha 1

On 2/1/2020 at 9:48 PM, Greeny1525229549 said:

1st tasting of a Belgian dubbel. About 1 month in the bottle. Beautiful head. Nice and smooth with no alcohol taste despite coming in at 7%. Will be more tasty come winter im sure.

Do you stick to bottling these babies Greeny? 

i.e. purposely keep them out of the keg?

Edited by Bearded Burbler

14 hours ago, Red devil 44 said:

Mangrove Jacks Bavarian Wheat Beer, first one off the tap.

K & K with M20 yeast, not too bad.

cheers RD 

Looks good - how long conditioning?

Is it cloudy because it's first beer or because it's wheat? 

I'm going to have to try a wheat beer eventually - tried a few many years back and they gave me headaches. Turned out I was allergic to wheat for a while. (gave it up entirely for a couple of years then gently re-introduced it and don't have the allergy any more, Now I'm not sure if trying a wheat beer could be good or if it's pushing my luck. 😄 

Edited by Journeyman
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Bearded Burbler said:

Do you stick to bottling these babies Greeny? 

i.e. purposely keep them out of the keg?

Yeah mate. I only very rarely keg them and then its only the 9.5L keg. They are not sessionable beers so i would have 2 or 3 a week maximum. They typically take 2 or 3 months to mellow as well so they would take up valuable keg space. I also find that while i naturally carb the keg when i do keg them they still dont taste as good as in the bottle. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Journeyman said:

Looks good - how long conditioning?

Is it cloudy because it's first beer or because it's wheat? 

I'm going to have to try a wheat beer eventually - tried a few many years back and they gave me headaches. Turned out I was allergic to wheat for a while. (gave it up entirely for a couple of years then gently re-introduced it and don't have the allergy any more, Now I'm not sure if trying a wheat beer could be good or if it's pushing my luck. 😄 

Was kegged about 2 weeks ago, sat in my kegging room.

Wheat Beer is generally cloudy all round.

RD 

• Like 1

Red Mountain Pils:

Weyermann Pilsener Malt, Wheat. Medium Crystal Steeped. W34/70 Starter. Cold Temp Ferment per Otto Protocol. ABV around 6%. Hallertau-Herrsbrucker Long Boil.  Hibiscus Flowers Saaz Galaxy @5. Nice crisp refreshing drop.  Lagered for c. four months at 2 deg C.  Crystal Clear.  No clarifying additives. The Hibiscus flowers probably small influence on flavour and a nice tinge on colour.  My mate down the Illawarra reckoned very nice too. 

Bit greener down there:

image.thumb.png.fa6ce8b03c89b9b400e3d85e816f37e2.png

Cheers Brewers.

BB

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, Bearded Burbler said:

Red Mountain Pils:

Weyermann Pilsener Malt, Wheat. Medium Crystal Steeped. W34/70 Starter. Cold Temp Ferment per Otto Protocol. ABV around 6%. Hallertau-Herrsbrucker Long Boil.  Hibiscus Flowers Saaz Galaxy @5. Nice crisp refreshing drop.  Lagered for c. four months at 2 deg C.  Crystal Clear.  No clarifying additives. The Hibiscus flowers probably small influence on flavour and a nice tinge on colour.  My mate down the Illawarra reckoned very nice too. 

Bit greener down there:

Cheers Brewers.

BB

BB that sounds like a nice brew. Well done Mate. What aromas and flavours are you getting from the saaz, galaxy and hibiscus.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am trying the Amarillo SMASH, 1 day carbonated. It is good. I cut the dry hop to 50g because I wanted to save some for later, but the brew has good aroma and great flavour. I cannot wait to see what this is like in 2 weeks.

It tastes very orangey. Nice.

Cheers

Norris

Edited by Norris!
  • Like 5

Yeah it is coming through strong. I will take a picture tomorrow, my glass is dirty, but it is hazy and has so much orange zest. It is like I took a bite out of an orange and drank some beer. I like it.

1 hour ago, Beerlust said:

Yup. Pound enough Amarillo into the boil & you'll get that. 😎

Cheers,

Lusty.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 2/3/2020 at 7:05 PM, Norris! said:

BB that sounds like a nice brew. Well done Mate. What aromas and flavours are you getting from the saaz, galaxy and hibiscus.

Mate it had been lagered at 2 deg C for like three months or more which somehow to me mellows everything out and melds the flavours.... mmm hope you don't think I have lost the plot here...  😝

I think (might be dreaming or mind over matter) that there is a little bit of a citrus fruit-spice-sour tinge there... but gentle.... did not use a lot of hops... fkkkk that is probably a shitttthouse description but I think that is the closest I can get ; )

Do you or others believe in the phenomenon known as hop fade?

Come what may - was a beautiful drop.. with a crisp refreshing aspect to it.

• Like 1