Coopers Community

RDWHAHB - What Are You Drinking in 2020?

BlackSands

3 minutes ago, Bearded Burbler said:

Cool Mitch - so how did you do it - run it through like a particulate water filter type arrangement - to take any suspended yeast etc out - or?

Is super clear alright mate!  Nice looking brew all up!

More info here:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/30/2020 at 12:39 PM, Ocean's of Ale- said:

Preliminary tasting of my dark ale!

Time to blow the dust off the bbq absolutely stonking good day here

Cheers mate's 

20200830_122955.jpg

20200830_122809.jpg

Yes I am jealous too.  Now that I look carefully, I think there is a weed in your garden and a cockroach in your barbie. 🤣

Cheers - AL

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Cider, 10.5% abv not back sweetened just stopped the ferment before it hit fg.  16l clear apple juice mix of coles and aldi. 4l cloudy apple juice aldi, 2kg raw sugar, 700g honey. 2 weeks to ferment this out with safecider yeast. Much better than expected.

20200901_174424.jpg

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Titan said:

Cider, 10.5% abv not back sweetened just stopped the ferment before it hit fg.  16l clear apple juice mix of coles and aldi. 4l cloudy apple juice aldi, 2kg raw sugar, 700g honey. 2 weeks to ferment this out with safecider yeast. Much better than expected.

20200901_174424.jpg

What FG did you stop it at Titan?

Wow i just chucked my sample away or could have given you exact numbers. I think around 10 points off predicted fg. But i just kept sampling(tasting) till it got where i wanted it to be.

10 minutes ago, Lettucegrove said:

What FG did you stop it at Titan?

3 minutes ago, Titan said:

Wow i just chucked my sample away or could have given you exact numbers. I think around 10 points off predicted fg. But i just kept sampling(tasting) till it got where i wanted it to be.

A cheeky sample sounds like the way to do it, thanks 👍

1 hour ago, Titan said:

Finish w gas up in the Keg Titan?

Edited by Bearded Burbler

Having a cuppla days off and although the photo presentation is not that good sorry... but it's just that I am just amazed how good this AG-Tap-IPA is... I was a bit of an IPA-non-believer... but now am a convert and true believer...

Hoping my trusty faithful ancient capper is not too miffed now being upstaged by the kegs chuckling away not too far below in their freezer  😝

image.thumb.png.a73d73e069515e737fee8d85218355eb.png

• Like 7

Haven't posted one for a while: This is a rice lager that I did about 4 weeks ago. Yeast W34/70 at 26c and 15psi.  Grain bill was 61% Golden promise,  22% Flaked Rice, 6.5% Melanoidin, 5.5% Vienna and 4% CaraAroma.  Boil was 45 minutes of Northern Brewer for 15 IBU,  15 minutes Motueka 6.5 IBU and 10 minutes Hallertau Blanc for 7 IBU . Colour 21 EBC and around 28.5 IBU. Interesting beer, very subtle flavour from the CaraAroma. Very easy drinking beer. It doesn't hit you in the face but the flavours are complex yet understated with a unmistakable crispness.    

20200905_154148.jpg

20200905_154206.jpg

• Like 13

image.png.ae7b4326c1ea10b199f85bcd782c8408.png

Same Beer different evening great shot... and then I've 'smudged' the corner cos my phonecase edge on the camera?! what a gooooooose.... 🙄

Anyway - the steadfast IPA is drinking well... and keg getting light-ish so time to get more going ; )

• Like 6

Lovely day here in Adelaide today, currently a balmy 29°C. Have had my first crack at my Mosaic Amber Ale from an all AG base. Has been lagering for just over a week, & kegged it earlier today.

MosaicAmberAG-1.jpg

First pour from the keg, so a little cloudy.

I unintentionally screwed up the mash using the unit so ended up with a high FG as a consequence. That's my belief anyways. The Lallemand ESB yeast has done a good job considering what I gave it to start with, & given it finishes a little dry has probably helped the final flavour given the higher than normal FG for this recipe.

More chocolatey than normal & lacks some aroma pop from the Mosaic that I have been used to with my previous partial mash versions of this beer. I can pickup the flavours from the Victory malt addition that certainly adds a nice complexity into the malt flavour. Given the mistakes made & all things considered, it's still a nice beer to drink. 🙂

Mungo Jerry time... 😉

Lusty.

Edited by Beerlust
  • Like 8

18 minutes ago, Beerlust said:

Lovely day here in Adelaide today, currently a balmy 29°C. Have had my first crack at my Mosaic Amber Ale from an all AG base. Has been lagering for just over a week, & kegged it earlier today.

MosaicAmberAG-1.jpg

I unintentionally screwed up the mash using the unit so ended up with a high FG as a consequence. That's my belief anyways. The Lallemand ESB yeast has done a good job considering what I gave it to start with, & given it finishes a little dry has probably helped the final flavour given the higher than normal FG for this recipe.

More chocolatey than normal & lacks some aroma pop from the Mosaic that I have been used to with my previous partial mash versions of this beer. I can pickup the flavours from the Victory malt addition that certainly adds a nice complexity into the malt flavour. Given the mistakes made & all things considered, it's still a nice beer to drink. 🙂

Mungo Jerry time... 😉

Lusty.

Once you have this down pat ill recreate your mosaic Amber for sure.

Good to hear the mistakes weren’t Undrinkable ha ha ha

1 hour ago, Beerlust said:

I unintentionally screwed up the mash using the unit so ended up with a high FG as a consequence.

Ha ha better high FG mistake than low FG mistake I say Lusty - sounds very nice!    Wotsyer forecast ABV?

4 hours ago, Beerlust said:

MosaicAmberAG-1.jpg

Mungo Jerry time... 😉

Lusty.

Lovely Lusty. I'll have the beer, then can I have the glass? I had that glass and broke it. I can't find another. 

• Sad 1

My toucan / partial mash / with milk stout booster.

About six weeks in the bottle. I under carbed so I can go next winter. This is not lasting another month. It's f....omg delicious. I've only ever tasted one stout better. And that's a mates all grain fig stout ( Three Chins ) nothing is unbeatable. I'm coming for you Hoppy 😁

IMG20200907203708.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1