Coopers Community

Spiegelau Beer Glasses

Classic Brewing Co

Hi All,

Trust you had a good Xmas, I have been travelling around Oz expanding my Stubby Cooler business, so no home brew for a while, this weekend I am back into it with a Czech Pilsner.

I collected my first set of Spiegelau Beer Glasses from Coles yesterday with the Flybuys promo - not bad, $30 odd value for FREE !! I want to try & squeeze another set in before the promo ends.

All the best for the new year & happy brewing.

Cheers Phil 🍻

Spiegelau Beer Glass.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, kmar92 said:

I cant imagine a free giveaway from Coles (actually not free, requires a big spend in store) is good quality, then again I may be surprised!

You’re shopping in there anyway. You just need to swipe your card. And Spiegelau are well known for their quality glassware.  But good on ya for posting all the same 

• Like 1

I picked up a few Spiegelau glasses also. While they might be a quality item, I'm not that fond of them. They feel very thin to me, like they might break in your hand if you picked them up too robustly. I guess it's because I'm so used to pub-like beer glasses that are thicker eg. Headmaster.

15 hours ago, MUZZY said:

I picked up a few Spiegelau glasses also. While they might be a quality item, I'm not that fond of them. They feel very thin to me, like they might break in your hand if you picked them up too robustly. I guess it's because I'm so used to pub-like beer glasses that are thicker eg. Headmaster.

Pub glasses are made for safety and longevity, but beer tastes better from a good glass, as I found out when doing comparisons at a tasting to show off glassware. The Speigelau might be thin but don't break or crack easily.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lab Rat said:

Pub glasses are made for safety and longevity, but beer tastes better from a good glass, as I found out when doing comparisons at a tasting to show off glassware. The Speigelau might be thin but don't break or crack easily.

I can confirm that they do break when your wife whacks them against the edge of the sink.

They are great to drink from but unfortunately I only have a couple left (refer above).

I did pick up some in the Coles promotion but not beer glasses, just some low-ball and high-ball glasses.

• Like 2

I think ive found a more expensive way to get nice glassware ...my favourite little pub "gives" you a nice glass when you spend more than a pineapple on takeaways ... once i counted mine up i worked out my spending habits needed adjustment .

So far it's been Teku and speiglau IPA like glasses but slightly thicker 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hairy said:

I can confirm that they do break when your wife whacks them against the edge of the sink.

They are great to drink from but unfortunately I only have a couple left (refer above).

I did pick up some in the Coles promotion but not beer glasses, just some low-ball and high-ball glasses.

A few years ago I bought a few of cartons of assorted Beer & Wine Glasses from a pub that was closing down & there is literally every type imaginable, SA Butcher, Schooner, Pint, Handle ( even Pony's

for those not familiar with SA Glass Sizes refer below )

http://www.ournakedaustralia.com.au/drink-australian-beer-sizes/

There were so many Wine Glasses of different shapes, but I have learnt over the years when sharing a drink with mates in using your prized Beer Glasses - it pays to study there drinking habits before risking breakages, although accidents do happen. I still have many behind my bar in shelves, cabinets & fridges so a lot more Cheers to go. 

3 hours ago, Hairy said:

Try not to make her angry, they might last longer?

5 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

I am single so I spose it's up to me to be careful when using/cleaning them - I reckon if you are going to break a glass, make sure it's empty first !

Very sound advice, Classic. A bit like, "Don't get your d*ck caught in your fly," is one of my favourite sayings.

22 minutes ago, CLASSIC said:

That too Muzzy, according to the BOM Weather app on my phone it's 40.4 at South Plympton - just thinking about carefully pouring some of that amber liquid into one of my glasses 😜

I'm also keenly watching the BoM website from Newton and urging the cool change to arrive. Our air conditioning packed it in 2 days ago. I bought 2 cheap evaporative coolers yesterday to help us get through the heat until a fridgie can repair or replace our ducted system. They have proven to be quite inadequate but better than nothing.
For want of a better word, I feel guilty whinging about not having aircon when people's houses not so far away have gone up in flames.
In summation, I'm hot and bothered but there's always somebody worse off. Cheers.

That's gotta suck in those temps. It's been pretty mild here since about a week ago, we haven't really used the AC even when it gets to about 30 inside. There's always a good afternoon breeze comes through about 3:30/4 or so which cools things down, and since I put the roof vents in it doesn't stay hot for hours after sunset anymore. 

• Like 1

Hi Otto,

You are right after 5-6 days of 40+ it gives you the …… but I am a travelling salesman ( work for myself ) I as in Bourke NSW about a week ago & the temp was about 45-48 everyday, I travelled across to Tiboobuura - 6 hours of the worst dirt roads imaginable ended up 54kms from the QLD border, but saving that for a trip in the new year, even a trip to Broken Hill 3.5 hours still around 40 degrees - back to Adelaide another 6 hours & glad to get home for a quiet beer & bed. So really the hot weather doesn't bother me that much, but it's nice to be cool.

Cheers.car.thumb.jpg.fc93cd4a666758d9a15126ec6b58e860.jpg

• Like 3