Coopers Community

Therapy

Malter White

I have an irrigation system installed for my garden. It was at the insistence of my great mate and BIL when he kindly turned my yard into a garden of some merit. I happily paid for the irrigation system (that he installed) knowing fully well I'd never use it. I told him this but he went ahead with the project anyway. The work he did for me saved me thousands, I wasn't going to begrudge him insisting on some pipes and pop-up sprinklers.
As mentioned earlier, I don't use it. There's not much I find more therapeutical than a good, cold beer in one hand and a hose gun in the other watering the garden. With our present heat wave conditions I'm sure I could hear the garden saying, "Thanks Muzz," as I sprayed the water on.
Am I alone on this?

Edited by MUZZY

im on your side Muzzy, but more with my grass than garden.

I will sit there with a beer after having just mowed. Often for more than 1 beer, while i contemplate the lawn even further.

Nothing better than sitting back watching the grass, enjoying a beer or 2.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

I think you lot need to get out more if watching grass grow is fun 😂

I'd rather drink beer, watering the garden than drive public transport any day.

PS. I didn't say it was fun. I find it therapeutical, calming. 😉 

Edited by MUZZY

On 12/18/2019 at 11:35 PM, MUZZY said:

I have an irrigation system installed for my garden. It was at the insistence of my great mate and BIL when he kindly turned my yard into a garden of some merit. I happily paid for the irrigation system (that he installed) knowing fully well I'd never use it. I told him this but he went ahead with the project anyway. The work he did for me saved me thousands, I wasn't going to begrudge him insisting on some pipes and pop-up sprinklers.
As mentioned earlier, I don't use it. There's not much I find more therapeutical than a good, cold beer in one hand and a hose gun in the other watering the garden. With our present heat wave conditions I'm sure I could hear the garden saying, "Thanks Muzz," as I sprayed the water on.
Am I alone on this?

Hi Muzz, I also have irrigation setup for lawns and garden however I quite often use the excuse 'I need to water the garden' just to escape the Mrs & kids. I enjoy the peace of standing there beer in hand watering the veg garden! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Hilltop hops said:

Hi Muzz, I also have irrigation setup for lawns and garden however I quite often use the excuse 'I need to water the garden' just to escape the Mrs & kids. I enjoy the peace of standing there beer in hand watering the veg garden! 

I like your style Hilltop.

I don't have a veggie garden but I think it might be a new year project.