Coopers Community

Lawns and Gardens

Beer Baron

Would be pretty unlikely a cyclone over there would make it this far or even have any real effect over here. 

Anyway, this is 1 week after laying the turf. Dry patches gradually improving each day, getting a few bits of nutgrass poking through as well which I'm pulling out when they get tall enough. Gonna get some selective herbicide for that as it can get out of control. 

PSX_20200115_111239.thumb.jpg.a0a03d387a60f5329669aa92df52c290.jpg

1 hour ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

Would be pretty unlikely a cyclone over there would make it this far or even have any real effect over here. 

Yeah clearly not as a cyclone, but could have an effect on rain being that it would be a very low pressure system and depending on where it crosses the west aust coast it could reach Sydney, but most probably Vic, Happens most years. 

Edited by The Captain!!

1 hour ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

Anyway, this is 1 week after laying the turf. Dry patches gradually improving each day, getting a few bits of nutgrass poking through as well which I'm pulling out when they get tall enough. Gonna get some selective herbicide for that as it can get out of control. 

PSX_20200115_111239.thumb.jpg.a0a03d387a60f5329669aa92df52c290.jpg

What’s a good fertiliser for grass mate ? 

I cut the grass a bit lower today due to the forecast of approximately 50mm of rain coming over the next few days. 

I’ll put some fertiliser on there before I go to work tomorrow. My large green bin was empty and it is now full just from the front yard. 

Hopefully I can make it bounce back to a respectable level

C3B9902E-E8C6-48FF-B381-69FDBAAC0F94.jpeg

3FF987EA-6CFA-4E76-9C30-FCD867ED5A21.jpeg

Edited by Beer Baron
  • Like 1

I have given up on my front lawn. It used to be nice but a little while ago the council dug a massive pit in it to lay cables to a nearby estate. They then laid the dodgiest grass over it. 

Now with the severe water restrictions you can’t really water it. So we are looking after our plants and trees with water collected from the shower and letting the grass tough it out. It won’t survive though. I will just re-lay the grass once conditions improve.

Hopefully we get some rain soon because we haven’t had any decent rain for a long time. We had a small amount on the weekend but it literally rained dirt. It was like mud drops over everything.

The good thing is the plants probably get more water than they did before.

I don’t have water restrictions but we have water wise rules where they want us to water with a spray nozzle, water before 10 and after 4, wash cars on the grass etc. 

I could have my grass really green but it would cost a fortune. Nothing beats rain

3 hours ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

First mow today. Few little high and low bits but I will gradually level it out. The brown area in the foreground is improving each day. There are more green blades in it than it looks in the picture. 

PSX_20200117_153503.thumb.jpg.4bb45e2057734f5732a4dd97bb040243.jpg

Why are they so brown to begin with. It should be delivered looking great already!!

18 hours ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

First mow today. Few little high and low bits but I will gradually level it out. The brown area in the foreground is improving each day. There are more green blades in it than it looks in the picture. 

PSX_20200117_153503.thumb.jpg.4bb45e2057734f5732a4dd97bb040243.jpg

It should green up now after all that rain last night Otto