Coopers Community

Brewing Equipment For Sale

Rowbrew

G'day all, it's been a while since i've visited the forum. Earlier this year i made the desicion to take a break from drinking and therefore brewing, and in the past 7 months or so i've been sober for now, i realise that i have a problem with alcohol. Early into my sobriety i thought that i might be able to return to brewing and drinking occasionally, but now know that i cannot. So its time to sell all my brewing stuff and with not much luck on gumtree i thought i would post it here. I would like to sell it all together, but am willing to split it up if you are interested in individual items. Here is a rough list of the things i have,

• 40 litre Birko urn with ball valve and weldless brewing thermometer

• 3 roller keg king grain mill

• 3 litre Erlenmeyer flask and stir plate

• Fermentation fridge with inkbird temp controller

• Refractometer

• Coopers fermenter

• Bottle capper, lever type

• Various buckets, spoons, hoses, bags, hyrometer, scales, bottles, caps and heaps heaps more

If you are interested in anything listed (or not listed) above, please message me through the forum and we can discuss prices. I've got it up on gumtree for $900 for the lot, but am willing to negotiate. Im located in Melton, the western suburbs of Victoria.

Cheers!

*Please note that i do not have any kegging equipment.

• Like 7

Hey @Rowbrew

Good to here from you buddy.  I recently attended a presentation by Wayne Schwass about men's health.  The key message was for us blokes to talk about our issues, whatever they are.  Great to hear you acknowledge yours and that you are taking control.  I met your mum and her partner a while back.  They seemed like real good people.  All the best.

Cheers Shamus

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hey Muzzy, yeah i used to enjoy brewing alot, it was my only hobby. My problem is though, i have no control. So even if i brewed low alcohol beers i would just drink more of them. I get to a good stage of drunkeness and i think, hey this is good im gonna drink even more to make this feeling better, but it doesnt get better. I turn into something thats not me anymore, something that is a true piece of shit. Being sober, i dont disappoint anyone anymore. You need to understand that im not blaming alcohol or saying that its bad and everyone should stay away from it, alcohol is not the problem. I am. Thank you though for asking the question.

• Like 11

You have my respect for being aware enough to know.

As a barman I noticed that everyone has a moment at the bar. There comes a time when you ask if they'd like another and they hesitate and you can almost SEE the cogs whirring. Mostly they then say yes and many of them then obliterate themselves and often cause problems for others.

It's why I refuse to believe alcohol or being drunk can be used as an excuse for any behaviour - there is always that 'moment' when they debate with themselves. If they choose Yes and then behave badly, it was THEIR choice, not the booze.

To see someone who can see that AND choose to ensure it doesn't happen is rare enough that I pay homage to your self-respect and self-honesty.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Fckn big respect to you for not only admitting that but also having the self awareness and conviction to do something about it. Alcohol effects us in so many different ways. Whilst some can hold their own, others can go the complete opposite direction. There’s a reason it’s called ‘mothers ruin’ back in Ireland as many have been left destitute, broke and homeless from it.  Obviously you have a different situation going on but massive respect to you for owning that decision and responsibility. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/29/2019 at 4:47 AM, Rowbrew said:

Hey Muzzy, yeah i used to enjoy brewing alot, it was my only hobby. My problem is though, i have no control. So even if i brewed low alcohol beers i would just drink more of them. I get to a good stage of drunkeness and i think, hey this is good im gonna drink even more to make this feeling better, but it doesnt get better. I turn into something thats not me anymore, something that is a true piece of shit. Being sober, i dont disappoint anyone anymore. You need to understand that im not blaming alcohol or saying that its bad and everyone should stay away from it, alcohol is not the problem. I am. Thank you though for asking the question.

Hey man, I respect your honesty and bravery. Kudos to you.

And apologies for the slow reply. I couldn't remember where this thread was posted and only just found it again.

Edited by MUZZY
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

G'day guys and gals,

Just thought i would let everyone know that i sold almost all of my brewing equipment. The only things i have left are about 200 odd empty stubbies and a fermentation fridge. If anyone is interested, come and get em free of charge. Im in the Melton area of Victoria. DM me for my address.

Cheers

• Like 1