Coopers Community

Pan Handle Caramel Cream Ale

Chris75

Recipe here.

Has anyone else brewed this yet? What was your FG?

I've had mine going for 8 days and it seems to have finished at a SG of 1032. The recipe says it should finish around 1020/1025.

At this stage I'll just leave it a couple more days and cold crash before bottling. I'd just like to hear if anyone else has similar FG readings.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2019 at 3:18 PM, Chris75 said:

Recipe here.

Has anyone else brewed this yet? What was your FG?

I've had mine going for 8 days and it seems to have finished at a SG of 1032. The recipe says it should finish around 1020/1025.

At this stage I'll just leave it a couple more days and cold crash before bottling. I'd just like to hear if anyone else has similar FG readings.

Please post when you have tried it.  I have the ROTM kit for this one, but heven't gotten to making it yet.

• Like 1

On 12/7/2019 at 3:07 PM, EWildcat7 said:

Please post when you have tried it.  I have the ROTM kit for this one, but heven't gotten to making it yet.

I tried one but it was a bit early. I like the flavour but it is a bit sweet. Hopefully it will improve with age. I'll see how it goes but at this stage I think if I did it again I'd drop some lactose.

46 minutes ago, Chris75 said:

I tried one but it was a bit early. I like the flavour but it is a bit sweet. Hopefully it will improve with age. I'll see how it goes but at this stage I think if I did it again I'd drop some lactose.

How long was it in the bottles before you tried the first one?  The instructions say 2 weeks, but I always add 2 weeks, so I was planning to try my first one at 4 weeks.  Of course, this is all in the future because I haven't even started making it yet...

4 hours ago, EWildcat7 said:

How long was it in the bottles before you tried the first one?  The instructions say 2 weeks, but I always add 2 weeks, so I was planning to try my first one at 4 weeks.  Of course, this is all in the future because I haven't even started making it yet...

It was only about 10 days or so. I think once it carbs up properly it will be better. I'm away at the moment so I'll try another one when I'm back home.

• 2 months later...
On 12/8/2019 at 7:13 PM, EWildcat7 said:

I tried mine after 3 weeks after bottling on the 23/10 was good but not great. Have tried one lately and it a lot better think def let it age a while.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 11/1/2019 at 9:18 PM, Chris75 said:

I've had mine going for 8 days and it seems to have finished at a SG of 1032.

I had EXACTLY the same result - 1032 on day 8.  I am fermenting at 19 C and will check it again tomorrow (day 10).