Coopers Community

Where to buy Yeast Online for Australia

2 minutes ago, The Captain!! said:

TWOC? Not sure what the postage is with them but they have a great range

where you at @Anthony999?

North of Perth.  About 40 kms.  But work in the city.  Travel by train so don't get a chance to get to the BrewMart on weekends.  Sometimes need to negotiate with the Ministry of War for special access rights to enter the war zone.  Besides with two young kids it's difficult to get a pass out. 

• Like 2

On 10/29/2019 at 5:27 PM, MitchellScott said:

https://cheapyeast.com.au/

You need to buy 7 packs at a time, but shipping is free and prices are very cheap. 

I have been having a look at their range. Seems the cheapest I have seen so far.

Couple of questions.

What is an Abbey beer style?

When it says 'high sedimentation' does that mean it leaves a very clear brew (as in a high rate of cleaning up the solids) or that it creates a cloudy brew?

Edited by Journeyman

1 hour ago, Journeyman said:

I have been having a look at their range. Seems the cheapest I have seen so far.

Couple of questions.

What is an Abbey beer style?

When it says 'high sedimentation' does that mean it leaves a very clear brew (as in a high rate of cleaning up the solids) or that it creates a cloudy brew?

As aussiekraut says basically belgian style beer. Abbey is kind of a loose term though. For example Leffe is termed a abbey beer when its not made in an abbey. The ones made in abbeys tend to be the Trappist beers. 

Anyway. Which yeast are you looking at?

High sediment means high flocullent. I.e it settles out and wont be as cloudy. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Greeny1525229549 said:

Anyway. Which yeast are you looking at?

Thanks for info.

In another thread it was suggested s-04 for a lager and ale in the same fridge. So I looked first at that. There was also BE-256 which mentioned Abbey beers - said it brews very fast & reveals subtle and balanced aromas, so I wondered if that might work well for IPA's and dry hops.