Coopers Community

8.5 litre craft batch

Ally1525230277

11 minutes ago, EWildcat7 said:

I am glad you posed this question - I want to double a 8.5L recipe and I was curious if I could use the 23L fermenter or if I had to use the 8.5L fermenter twice.

Seamus says ok for a 8.5l batch so I suppose no problem for a double batch. Bit pricey though if you are buying the coopers ROTM recipe kit

Depends on the gravity and the style and how much yeast there is, but generally the answer would be yes. 

For lagers the answer would be a definite yes. For ales, probably but it would depend on how much yeast is in the pack. For example if you had just the two craft kits with a small amount of extra fermentables and the recipe said a pack of us-05 I’d think it would be ok. On the other hand if you were just using the kit yeasts, I’d bung them both in.

Hope that helps.

14 minutes ago, NewBrews said:

Depends on the gravity and the style and how much yeast there is, but generally the answer would be yes. 

For lagers the answer would be a definite yes. For ales, probably but it would depend on how much yeast is in the pack. For example if you had just the two craft kits with a small amount of extra fermentables and the recipe said a pack of us-05 I’d think it would be ok. On the other hand if you were just using the kit yeasts, I’d bung them both in.

Hope that helps.

I am using the Mr. Beer American Porter HME and the yeast that comes with that can.

I am making the Nilla Porter recipe, so it will have brown sugar and vanilla extract as well

Edited by EWildcat7

2 hours ago, EWildcat7 said:

I am using the Mr. Beer American Porter HME and the yeast that comes with that can.

I am making the Nilla Porter recipe, so it will have brown sugar and vanilla extract as well

Just looking at the recipe you should be fine with just the 2 kit yeasts. I’d definitely be using the 2 though.

• Like 1