Coopers Community

Lager Brew can spoiled?

James Lao

Hi all,

Last brew day I had my lager can and what I thought was Light LME Can in the sink for a soak with  with hot tap water as usual.

After about 10mins I realised I had put 2 Lager cans in the hot water.

Anyway I removed the 2nd lager can and put in the LLME can and proceeded with my brew.

I thought the lager can that was put in the hot water would be OK for my next brew day ( which is today), but now I am second guessing whether it will have been spoiled or something.

Any thoughts on whether I should use this can today, or nip down to Woolies and get a new brew can?

Cheers

James

5 minutes ago, James Lao said:

Hi all,

Last brew day I had my lager can and what I thought was Light LME Can in the sink for a soak with  with hot tap water as usual.

After about 10mins I realised I had put 2 Lager cans in the hot water.

Anyway I removed the 2nd lager can and put in the LLME can and proceeded with my brew.

I thought the lager can that was put in the hot water would be OK for my next brew day ( which is today), but now I am second guessing whether it will have been spoiled or something.

Any thoughts on whether I should use this can today, or nip down to Woolies and get a new brew can?

Cheers

James

Will be fine mate.

Cheers.

• Like 2

Cheers mate,

I called the Coopers DIY brewing helpline and the fella said it will be fine as well.

He said if it was left for a month or 2 it might get darker and more cloying, but a couple of weeks would be no worries.

Happy days

Cheers

• Like 1

Mate, I always over think things!

I often get called out at work  and home for over thinking things, but in my game as a sparky that’s not necessarily  a bad thing !

Still breathing and all!!

Measure three times, do it another 2 then cut it once!

Cheers

James

• Like 1