Coopers Community

A twisted German Bock

So I am thinking of doing a twist on the LIGHT GERMAN BOCK

Was thinking in a 10L brew using 

1x Coopers Lager

1x LDM

Cold steeping 200g of Crystal Malt (I have some needing to be used, actually have about 800g)

So do you guys think this will at least be drinkable? And what yeast could I use? TIN yeast should still be ok, but happy to buy a specialty one.

6 hours ago, PeterC1525230181 said:

Since this 'light german bock' recipe was 2x tins of extract and 2x LDM and I had one craft fermenter I did one tin and one lot of LDM in a half volume. I can't report yet because the bottles have a few more days to go before 2 weeks are up. Our bathroom was cool enough. 

Very keen too hear how it works out. I have a fridge for temp control.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/27/2019 at 10:37 PM, PeterC1525230181 said:

Since this 'light german bock' recipe was 2x tins of extract and 2x LDM and I had one craft fermenter I did one tin and one lot of LDM in a half volume. I can't report yet because the bottles have a few more days to go before 2 weeks are up. Our bathroom was cool enough. 

Just reporting back. It turned out pretty well. In accordance with the Bock style it was malty and not hoppy. I think I prefer more hops aroma so it wasn't my favourite but certainly interesting to try. 

• Like 2

On 9/27/2019 at 10:37 PM, PeterC1525230181 said:

I might give this one a try. Use one of my small batch FVs. I'll probably brew it as an ale though, at higher temps and ale yeast.

I'm a little over lagers atm.