Coopers Community

Coopers Clear

Rutherglen Rambler

Had a session on Coopers Clear at a sportsman day at West Adelaide Bearcats last week. Very refreshing and easy on the palate and gut. Have bought 2 cartons since then, and will stick to it until the weather gets me back on Pale Ale.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I finally had some Clear last weekend.

'Down on flavour' is an understatement!

I didn't even finish the stubbie. As I was drinking, all I could think about were some of the outstanding brews in the fridge. So it went down the drain and I refreshed my palate with a hearty stout.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I bought a Carton of it about a week ago. Im not a huge fan of it! needs more flavour. I would not buy it again' date=' but i would drink it again if it was for free.[/quote']

I agree, it didn't have much flavour.

• 4 months later...

i put on a box of clear for neighbours n family today, THEY LOVED IT!!

i dont mind it s a lawn mower beer, but i had a keg of pale with amarillo n cascade happenin, so i didnt touch a clear!

i hope its selling for coopers, keep pushing it guys, its very good at what it is!!

cheers

matt

• 5 years later...

Hi Coopers fans.

I have attempted to like Coopers clear on many occasions. i am not a fan.

i would like to find an alternative to Carona or xxxx Summer, and support S.A. brewing.

i think Coopers need to find a summer beer formula to do the job.

i would pay Carona price for it

None of my friends like it either.

Pity, i was really excited when it came out.... lemon/lime did not improve it in my opinion.

• 3 weeks later...

I personally think Coopers clear is Coopers answer to any standard Aussie beer for the people who drink 'clear' thin beer (which is probably about 90% of the population) business is business and you should cater for a wide audience

I, & many others would agree with you 'Someguy'. Business is business, & I understand why Coopers would produce a beer like this to have something similar to the other megaswill producers products that are being swilled by a fair chunk of the Aussie drinking market.

Ironically Coopers used to produce a similar style beer that eventually got axed some years back, that being "Coopers DB". The "DB" stood for "Dry Beer", some claimed "Diet Beer" at the time, & bizarrely enough not too long after the axing of this beer, the "Dry" beer evolution took off. pinched

If I ever had the opportunity to speak with the powers that be at Coopers, I would simply say that I wish they would go back to what made/makes them great. That being, non-conformist, visionary, & above all else, DIFFERENT. Being different to the mega-swill brewers is what built the army of supporters & followers Coopers have today. rightful

Just my 2 cents.

Lusty.

I'd have to agree with you there Lusty. My thoughts have always been that Coopers clear just wasn't Coopers anymore and to me it just doesn't really fit. I'm just not sure it works but that could only be the minority's way of thinking

• 3 weeks later...

Archived