Coopers Community

What would y’all do?

MitchBastard

1 hour ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

There's a difference though, between buying something purely because it looks good and buying something that both looks good and has a practical function. 

I am with you on this one ...  there are many European companies that have made a reputation on making highly functional products that have style ...  there is a place for aesthetics just as there is a role for basic function and simple design ... 

• Like 2

Just now, Hairy said:

We are talking about a $45 beer tap,

Yep and i understand why people balk at it ... when setting up a kegger budget is important ... for example if you want a 3 tap system,  which I think is the optimum, $135 for the taps alone no shanks,  could be a bit of a hit when 3 tap sets with long shanks, disconnects, manifold and lines are available for $120.00 and free delivery from memory ...  can always up grade the taps later ...   

Mine were $90 or so each, but they were a specific type I wanted so I didn't really see much point in buying cheaper ones first only to upgrade to the ones I wanted at some point anyway. Was easier to just get them straight up. I haven't and won't be changing them unless they break to a point that is unrepairable. So far I haven't had to replace anything in them.

• Like 1

Just now, Otto Von Blotto said:

Mine were $90 or so each, but they were a specific type I wanted so I didn't really see much point in buying cheaper ones first only to upgrade to the ones I wanted at some point anyway. Was easier to just get them straight up. I haven't and won't be changing them unless they break to a point that is unrepairable. So far I haven't had to replace anything in them.

I bet you drive a Bugati too. And possibly date a Kardashian too.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Beerlust said:

I didn't know Bugati made buses. 😜

You don't really believe Otto drives a bus do you?

I mean, $90 beer taps!!! He just says he drives a bus to fit in with us peasants on here.

His secret is out now. I knew something was up when he offered to buy me a beer at Harts Pub. No normal person can afford to buy others a craft beer in Sydney.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

If you believe in that nonsense you've got bigger problems 😜 (not you personally just to be clear 😂)

If you're ever out drinking at a bar Kelsey & notice 4 drinkers sipping on Asahi or Kirin in perfectly spaced angle intervals around you, you'll know you're in quite a bit of trouble.

As they be the silent samurai of Feng Shui. 😉

Lusty.

• Haha 3

There is a happy medium. I got the intertaps with flow control that were significantly cheaper than perlicks. I love them and even my beer friends comment on them, that is a lie, I only have the 1 beer making friend...I am lonely.

Either way, we all have our budgets, except for Kelsey 🤣.  The goal is to enjoy what we made, so accomplish that anyway possible, hahahha!

With that said, I love pouring beer from the taps out of the kegerator and so does anyone who stops by that I can trick into having a beer or chlorophyll into staying. It took me 9 months to get 2 taps, and it will take me another 3 months to get the 3rd tap, budgets and wants vs needs and my own personal vices, ciggies! I used a picnic tap for several months and the beer was lovely, but Lusty, you gotta get a tap or two. It isn't JUST bling, it is pretty awesome pouring that beer like your at a beer vs at a college kegger and it looks good. Do a DIY and enjoy the work and time it takes to build it. Just my $5 worth.

One thing, you are right though the slope is slippery after that, shanks, tubing, regulator, co2 tank and other bits can add up.

Cheers

Norris

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Norris! said:

...I used a picnic tap for several months and the beer was lovely, but Lusty, you gotta get a tap or two. It isn't JUST bling, it is pretty awesome pouring that beer like your at a beer vs at a college kegger and it looks good. Do a DIY and enjoy the work and time it takes to build it. Just my $5 worth.

I bought a 4-tap separator manifold ages ago with the plan of building the outer tap Keezer to house the extra kegs. I think I'm a beer pig & with the aromatic pale ales I regularly brew they never really sit around long enough to build up a stockpile, hence why I've never had to make room for more than two kegs in my temp controlled freezer warranting the upgrade.

I admit I've laughed my arse off at posts the Otto man has posted over the last few years after he's had a few mates around for a session night on his beers. The catchup he's gone though in his brewing routine(s) to recover from that one night is funny as heck as I have noted how long it took him to get his stocks back in the sequences he likes. Absolutely hilarious, but I understand where he is coming from perfectly as I've had to go through the same recovery process occasionally. LOL 🤣

Maybe if I kegged them in 5 litre containers like @porschemad911 does sometimes I'd have half a chance of running 4 taps at the one time. 😜

Cheers & good brewing,

Lusty.

• Like 1