Coopers Community

Cooper's session ale all grain clone

I've just started doing biab in small stove top batches. Has anyone managed to clone this delicious beer with an all grain recipe?

I've done the extract recipe listed on this website, substituting the can of APA for Mexican cervesa to make it closer to the right colour, but it was still a bit different. 

Hi Karlos.

On 9/5/2019 at 2:43 PM, karlos_1984 said:

...I've done the extract recipe listed on this website, substituting the can of APA for Mexican cervesa to make it closer to the right colour, but it was still a bit different. 

This is a common theme around those that choose to ignore the DIY recipes as listed.

I checked the EBC of both the listed DIY & commercial versions & they match @ 7 EBC. Also the DIY version suggests you use the CCA yeast re-cultured from the commercial bottle to ferment the DIY version. It's a key component of replicating the commercial version flavour-wise.

If you've used the Cerveza kit (not the Pale Ale kit as advised) & not used the re-cultured CCA yeast from the bottle to ferment it, I'm not the least bit surprised it looks & tastes different than the commercial version. 🙄

There is a bit of chatter around the forum in some circles that these two kits are inter-changeable somehow like it doesn't matter. Your own post here proves it does.

If you want to go sky diving, don't expect a boat to get you there.

Lusty.

Edited by Beerlust