Coopers Community

Cooling Core

BlueBru

I don't have room for a fridge to put my FV in, so was considering pumping chilled water through a simple coil to act as a heat exchanger. the pump would be plugged into the cooling outlet of my temp controller along with the heater. It is just a matter of putting the coil inside the FV (more effective) or wrapping it around the outside.

16 minutes ago, BlueBru said:

I don't have room for a fridge to put my FV in, so was considering pumping chilled water through a simple coil to act as a heat exchanger. the pump would be plugged into the cooling outlet of my temp controller along with the heater. It is just a matter of putting the coil inside the FV (more effective) or wrapping it around the outside.

Probably a complicated way to effect a simple solution.. There are many solutions, even for tropical people 😜 just trying to ferment an honest beer...., and the solutions are on this forum. For example, I would do big Bunnings rubbish bin and chilled water bottles...

Cheers

Edited by Worthog

It could. But you would need to sanitise and clean it really well, it could work. Maybe try it out in a glass of the wort to see how it affects it before using it on a full batch? Watch it through the fermentation to see the changes and the effect of the yeast and wort and then alcohol.

Try it in water first. Taste the water, then drop your chiller in for a few days then have another taste. That should give u an indication without having to waste any beer. If the water taste is affected you could probably run it thru one of those filter jug things and fix it up.