Coopers Community

Regulator

Hoppy81

Hey guys and gals,

I've searched the forum and have not found exactly what i'm after. I'm in the process of gathering all parts needed to start kegging, i'm up to the regulator now. What regulator do
People recommend? i have just found this one that is available in a couple of weeksfor $79 and being able to have different pressures seems like a great idea DUAL PRESSURE MK4 REGULATOR

I recall people recommending the Harris 601 and i understand the "get what you pay for" statement but i really like the idea of the dual guage and i don't really like the idea of paying $270+
For the Harris dual guage haha.

Cheers,
Hoppy

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

I've had a micromatic for four years and haven't had a single issue with it so far. Would recommend although not dual pressure.

You wouldn't recommend dual pressure or are you saying yours is not dual pressure?

I sort of don't understand why you would need a dual pressure.   As far as regs I have 3 at the moment. A Harris, a CIGWELD and a Keg King ... selling the Keg King, which is new and only used for about 4 weeks, as the other 2 are superior quality. The Harris is wonderful...the keg king, compared to the other 2 it is not as sensitive ... a few degrees of a turn and the pressure increase in quite rapid where the other 2 it takes a good 1/4 of a turn to move it one PSI so much easier to get  small pressure changed ...  gee I hope that makes sense ...  

• Like 1

Yeah, you can turn individual gas lines off with a manifold. 

I find stouts don't carbonate as much as other styles anyway even on the same pressure. Perhaps due to the higher FG and ABV that mine are, it's harder for the CO2 to be absorbed.

Edited by Otto Von Blotto
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

Just on and off. However you can buy small in line regulators that could be attached between the manifold and kegs. 

That sounds like the way to go. Now to decide between the harris and Micromatic.........

My KegLand MK4 has been fine. I haven't had it a super long time (3 months) but in that time I haven't had an issue.

I do see what Greeny is saying though, it is quite sensitive. A little turn increases the PSI very quickly, but once its set its fine.

For $45 (for single gauge) even if it only lasts a few years I'll be happy. Plus they have a good warranty so can always go back to KegLand if it fails.

In regards to the Harris/Micromatic, from what I have read the Harris is the better quality of the two, but as you've seen you'll pay the price for it.

Mitch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MitchellScott said:

...I do see what Greeny is saying though, it is quite sensitive. A little turn increases the PSI very quickly, but once its set its fine.

Might pay to unscrew the knob and ensure the pointy pin is actually in the dimple of the regulator.  The dimple can move around if you over unscrew to lessen pressure and the actuator point does center again on the dimple, causing exactly your problem.

Cheers

Edited by Worthog
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Worthog said:

Might pay to unscrew the knob and ensure the pointy pin is actually in the dimple of the regulator.  The dimple can move around if you over unscrew to lessen pressure and the actuator point does center again on the dimple, causing exactly your problem.

Cheers

Cheers mate, will have to check that out.