Coopers Community

Beer food

supernerdy

Unsure if this is the right channel or not but I have recently found that food enhances the taste of the beer. Today I have bbq flavored nuts and have paired it with Coopers session ale in a can. My first Coopers can in prep for the XPA

I had a drink and it was meh (havent enjoyed the session ale since its release) but after the food I found the flavor more enjoyable. I guess like wine beer is good with different foods. What have you found matches with what style ?

9 hours ago, NewBrews said:

Chilli crab and a shit load of Bintang. One could have preceded the other however I think a few more Bintang may have been had during and after.

Will never do that again the night before a flight from a Singapore to London!💣

Why not Tiger? 

5 minutes ago, porschemad911 said:

Why not Tiger? 

That’s what they had that night? Who knows. I’d had a few at various places through the day. But the Tiger was awesome too.

I had a plan to drink something different and preferably local, everywhere we went on that trip. There were some notable exceptions to that rule, like drinking Guinness in an Irish pub in Rome.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, der kleine Drache said:

I prefer southern german Helles or Export before northern german Pilsener with Sauerkraut. I think the slight sweetness makes a good companion to the sour and fatty tastes.

I'm with you there, a really dry bitter pils is not such a good match. I like an altbier too, much more bitterness than a Helles but also more malt flavour. 

Cheers, 

John 

• Like 1

Spicy somtam and IPA, XPA, PA

Spicy Mango salad and IPA, XPA, PA

Crispy pork belly and IPA, XPA, PA

Spicy chicken wings and IPA, XPA, PA

Salt and pepper pork ribs and IPA, XPA, PA

Corn Beef ‘Ash and Stout ( mixing  it up a bit)!

etc etc 

Cheers

James