Coopers Community

Posting beer around Australia

The Captain!!

It depends on size & weight.

I usually send 3 beers in a box just to make it worthwhile. The lady at my local post office let me in on a little secret. Slip the box into a suitable sized plastic post bag & it is approx. $10 cheaper to post than if if I leave it as a box. Go figure? 🤨

I posted 3 bottles recently, cost me $17.65. Would have cost me $28+ had I not packaged it in a plastic post bag.

Cheers,

Lusty.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Beerlust said:

plastic post bag.

Yeah that’s the post bags that are in the link. I posted some the other day and the same as you Lusty, 3 pets in a 5kg bag. Cost 17.65.

To anywhere in Australia.

So just thought I’d share the dirty little secret with everyone. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, PaddyBrew2 said:

Do forummers swap beers. I’d be down for that.  I’m not one for tasting notes and all that jazz but I do like piss

I agree. I just not sure about postage costs. I think it would add up sending a few

• Like 1

I’d be up for beer swapping - I’m only a beginner though so I don’t think there’d be much interest in my beers from most home brewers  - unless it was to give advice on what I might be doing wrong (or right!) - that would be very handy actually. I wouldn’t mind paying postage to have a more experienced brewer critique my brews.

As for postage etc.. I'd be interested to know how folks package up their beer for posting.

On 7/30/2019 at 7:29 AM, Otto Von Blotto said:

How stupid is that 🤣

About as stupid as how many fat ar$e$ can be on your bus at any one time without overloading the maximum passenger weight allowance I imagine! 🤣

😁

Cheers,

Lusty.

1 minute ago, Ben 10 said:

BUT, from WA to FNQ it takes about 3 years to get here. We think some homeless bloke walked the beers to me last time.

I think via that trip it is faster to go through Indonesia. The boat people we are all told to despise are probably just unofficial postal workers trying to deliver Australian mail. 😜

Cheers,

Lusty.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Gazzala said:

Any type of pale ale really (PA / APA / IPA / XPA). Closely followed by English bitter style beers.

My current favourite commercial pale ale is Panhead Supercharger APA - absolutely love that beer!

Righto, I’ll get one to ya. I have a second version of my soon to be “house pale” on the go. Once that has cooked, I’ll get one to ya. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Captain!! said:

I send beers all over Australia. To forum members, friends and family. I find it a rewarding experience. I really enjoy others tasting the beer I have made. Honestly I give away about a third to half of every brew away to others. 

I'll PM you my address. Cheers!  😄 

Another option is to mail an already prepaid satchel to whoever you want to send something in it back to you.  A LHBS in Mansfield Victoria sent me a prepaid satchel to mail back a piece of equipment they had incorrectly mailed me (along with the part they should have mailed in the first place). 

As an aside, definitely not a criticism of that business.  When I spoke with them, they were super apologetic and really helpful.  I will definitely get other stuff from them in the future.

• Like 2