Coopers Community

4 extract tins = free shipping?

Gazzala

I need to stock up on a few extract tins so was going to take advantage of the free shipping if you buy 4 tins offer - but it seems the free shipping only applies if the tins are all from the same series.

I need 2 Original Series and 2 TC series - no free shipping applied. But if I add 4 tins of the same series - free shipping applied.

Seems strange that the tins have to be in the same series for the free shipping offer to apply.

From what I understand the 4 tins free shipping offer only applies to Mr Beer series. I guess they're trying to move stock of slower moving lines.
If you can be patient enough to wait for the next recipe of the month there's usually a free shipping offer for a week or two after it's advertised. You can order what you like with those offers. Just need to spend a minimum of $80 or $100 usually.

Hey Muzzy - I think the free shipping does actually apply to all of the series' - I did a couple of tests putting 4 OS or TC tins in the cart and the free shipping was applied both times. Only when I mixed the tins (and didn't have at least 4 of each) was the free shipping not applied.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Gazzala said:

Hey Muzzy - I think the free shipping does actually apply to all of the series' - I did a couple of tests putting 4 OS or TC tins in the cart and the free shipping was applied both times. Only when I mixed the tins (and didn't have at least 4 of each) was the free shipping not applied.

OK, if you say so. Just a word of warning, if you do place an order, watch the the total you're being charged before and after every click of the mouse. I've had instances previously where prices have changed from one click to the next eg. the 10% member price is applied while building the order but then vanishes at checkout or the $15 shipping fee is applied when you're expecting it free.

• Thanks 1

Had a response from Coopers saying that the free shipping is only on the Mr Beer tins - and I just tried adding 4 OS tins to my cart and didn't get the discount this time (defo did last night when I tried it - I did it twice just to be sure).

So looks like you're correct Muzzy.

• Sad 1

I have never had success with the on-line store .... whenever I try to check out I can't and don't know why ... the only order I did do through them i had to ring them and they did it manually which was all well and good at the time as it was an order I was doing during business hours ... I have tried to buy a couple of ROTM and given up ...  I don't use the store anymore ... 

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, MartyG1525230263 said:

I have never had success with the on-line store .... whenever I try to check out I can't and don't know why ...

You could trying ringing the store and step through the ordering process while you have them on the phone.  This may help to pinpoint the problem.

3 minutes ago, PB2 said:

You could trying ringing the store and step through the ordering process while you have them on the phone.  This may help to pinpoint the problem.

It is complex issue to do with the browser I use, some the security extensions/software I run and the banking paywall interface that Coopers use ...  it is not a huge issue as I still buy the product I want from the LHBS or from Coopers direct just missed a couple of ROTM that looked interesting.  No big deal.  

1 hour ago, The Captain!! said:

That’s quite a shame about the online store not working for people.

Yes it is.  However, for me on an annoyance factor scale of 1-10 it doesn't even rate ... in the end Coopers still get the wholesale and my LHBS gets the retail. In the end I am a few bucks out of pocket and  community gets some economical benefit ... its a win - win 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...