Coopers Community

ADELAIDE BEER & BBQ FESTIVAL 2019

Beerlust

BeerNBBQ-2019.jpg

First time for me at the Beer'N'BBQ festival. I went on the last day yesterday.

Sampled 16 or so different beers. You'd need to go all 3 days to get anywhere near sampling all of them. Had a good chat with each vendor & established a few contacts. Had some yummy foods on the day, & then went to the footy afterwards.

BeerNBBQ1-2019.jpg

BIG day all around.

My favourite beers for what I sampled on the day were Bentspoke's Crankshaft IPA (delicious), & for something different, I really enjoyed Fox Hat Brewing's 'Nitro Innuendo' (a nitrogen poured, lightly oaked Imperial Porter with Beenleigh vanilla spiced rum, horny goat weed, pomegranate, coconut and honey)

As a side note, while I was at the Coopers stall, I asked the guys when the Vintage Ale was due for release. They told me it is also August 5th coinciding with the XPA & Sparkling can releases.

Today though, I'm invoking the right to take a 'Dry July' day as the body needs it. 

Cheers,

Lusty.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

...I would have thought you'd be drowning your sorrows today after we belted you yesterday 😜

It was all over at 1/4 time. The Lions played well. They just wanted to win more & it showed. Good luck to them.

Sounds like a great day Lusty.

Speaking of Bentspoke, they just released a new canned beer 'Big Nut', a black IPA. This was pretty good when I last had it on tap so I grabbed a 4-pack today to keep in the back of the fridge. Worth a try if you see it down in Adelaide. 

Cheers, 

John 

Edited by porschemad911

7 hours ago, Beerlust said:

As a side note, while I was at the Coopers stall, I asked the guys when the Vintage Ale was due for release. They told me it is also August 5th coinciding with the XPA & Sparkling can releases.

Thanks for that. Now I can stop hitting refresh on Dan Murphy's Coopers page for a few weeks. 👍

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, porschemad911 said:

Speaking of Bentspoke, they just released a new canned beer 'Big Nut', a black IPA

I went to get a can from Beer Cartel yesterday and I thought it would be good to get a few beers to technically save on postage but they had a ridiculous amount of beers out of stock so no beer for me

8 hours ago, Beerlust said:

I really enjoyed Fox Hat Brewing's 'Nitro Innuendo' (a nitrogen poured, lightly oaked Imperial Porter with Beenleigh vanilla spiced rum, horny goat weed, pomegranate, coconut and honey)

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

THAT is good but the Iced Vovo Stout is worthy of the blue rinse brigade?

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Beerlust said:

It was all over at 1/4 time. The Lions played well. They just wanted to win more & it showed. Good luck to them.

Yes, I tend to agree. It's nice to be having a decent season after a decade or more of shit. 

Anyway, at least the beer fest was good. I need to get to another one soon.

19 hours ago, Beer Baron said:

I went to get a can from Beer Cartel yesterday and I thought it would be good to get a few beers to technically save on postage but they had a ridiculous amount of beers out of stock so no beer for me

I got it from Dan's, was going to send you a link but I realised it's not on the website. Must be a local store only thing. 

On 7/15/2019 at 9:22 PM, Ben 10 said:

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

THAT is good but the Iced Vovo Stout is worthy of the blue rinse brigade?

You know I threw that Fox Hat beer in there just for you didn't ya? 😁

I swear it was because of the thought of your Vovo beer I even bothered to try it. True.

Cheers,

Lusty.

• Like 2

On 7/15/2019 at 5:50 PM, porschemad911 said:

Sounds like a great day Lusty.

Speaking of Bentspoke, they just released a new canned beer 'Big Nut', a black IPA. This was pretty good when I last had it on tap so I grabbed a 4-pack today to keep in the back of the fridge. Worth a try if you see it down in Adelaide. 

Cheers, 

John 

Yeah it was on tap there John, & I nearly had one as it was a damn cold day there that day. But I wanted to get around the place & try beers from as many of the breweries as I could for information gathering purposes, but didn't want to end up a crab-walking drunk by the end of it, so behaved myself to a fair degree. Off the back of your very own recommendation of the Crankshaft IPA, I made sure it was one of the beers I tried on the day. Damn glad I did. Unfortunately they lack a distribution network here in SA for their beers, so they are very scarce to non-existent, that is a real shame.

Cheers,

Lusty

• Like 1