Coopers Community

Best O rings to buy

Marty_G

I am a bit disappointed, I finished setting up my keg fridge today and set up a keg which i filled with 30 stubbies of golden ale. The issue I have is both posts are leaking from the disconnects, all good when with pressure when lines are disconnected so it is not the posts  .... the thing is I have already put new o-rings on when I pulled the keg to pieces and replaced washers, o-rings etc ... I think the ones i used from the LHBS, sky blue silicone, aren't quite beefy enough ... anyone got any suggestion .. I know that the size is apparently  "111"  .... cheers ... 

12 hours ago, The Captain!! said:

I have pretty much had the same thing happen to me, I changed all my disconnects to SS, changed all my o rings to silicone. No leaks yet. 

Just tried a brass disconnect that was on a Pluto gun the father in-law gave me and no leaks so there is hope ... my bet the cheap disconnects ... thanks 

On 7/6/2019 at 9:47 AM, MartyG1525230263 said:

Just tried a brass disconnect that was on a Pluto gun the father in-law gave me and no leaks so there is hope ... my bet the cheap disconnects ... thanks 

What disconnects are you using?

I had dramas with the cheap no name ones I had so binned them and got some CMB ones, haven't had any dramas since.

9 hours ago, MitchellScott said:

cheap no name ones

Yep that is them ... they came with the tap and manifold set ... I am aware that at $120.00 for a full 3 tap set I was going to get a bit of a lucky dip.  100% will be getting some SS ones ...