Coopers Community

Why the heck are only lagers and pale ales sold at most places?

drewbert

On 6/29/2019 at 5:54 AM, MitchBastard said:

I’ve sadly seen the slow demise of my two locals weeding out such options. Both used to have Guinness on tap, then just cans, now not even a sniff of anything black in site.  In an even lower blow, They’ve recently taken coopers pale off tap there also. I’m sure that’s probably more of a rotational thing (even though it’s been a staple since forever) but it’s been replaced with furphy. 

Tough times out in the wild people. 

I just returned from a birthday party at a bowling club this was the best beer of the night see photo below 😳 then I had to switch to black and gold Powerade (bundy) to get me through. 😥

5CA3CE03-2BFD-4B3D-B0D7-0A03419320B2.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

What was the worst beer?

Way back as a youth, I really loved XXXX. Either the version we got in the UK was tweaked for that market, or my beer palate was just crap. Then I came over to Perth for a long holiday and thought I'd be in beer heaven. I went to a local bottlo and bought one of everything. It didn't cost a lot, there wasn't much choice there.

This was 1986, so were talking Carlton, Melbourne bitter, VB, Emu export - everyday megawswill... i can't remember the others, they were all forgettable. Everything tasted the same and pretty crap. Swan Premium was doing well. I thought that was pretty good. It probably wasn't.

Then in '87, Redback came along and went off. Why people put lemon in god only knows. Beer hipsterism had arrived. Redback was an awesome beer in its time, and a heady $35 a slab. It's showing its age now, but a decent enough beer. Still better than any modern tap crap.

Edited by Lab Rat
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
37 minutes ago, Aussiekraut said:

The only game where you get a point for missing the goal 🙂 Like a trophy for participating 🙂 

Tried to play it ? 

I broke quite a few bones in my career.... 

Also often ran a half marathon per game as well as taking big hits from angry kiwis looking to hurt me 

Yes I have played all the major codes other than that silly round ball game 

2 hours ago, Aussiekraut said:

The only game where you get a point for missing the goal 🙂 Like a trophy for participating 🙂 

That's what dad says as well 😂

I dunno why they have behinds, they get a free kick if it's kicked out on the full anyway so it wouldn't really matter if there were no behind posts. But it is what it is I guess. I like the fast paced nature of it. 

10 minutes ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

I dunno why they have behinds, they get a free kick if it's kicked out on the full anyway so it wouldn't really matter if there were no behind posts. But it is what it is I guess. I like the fast paced nature of it. 

Was once a hard and tough game. Shirt fronts and all. These days its become more like soccer. Arm across the chest and they throw the head back playing for a free kick. League is going the same way. Bring back the biff I say.

11 hours ago, Mark D Pirate said:

Tried to play it ? 

I broke quite a few bones in my career.... 

Also often ran a half marathon per game as well as taking big hits from angry kiwis looking to hurt me 

Yes I have played all the major codes other than that silly round ball game 

Breaking bones, running until the lungs hurt and getting knocked about? Nah it's all good, I'd rather play mikado instead 🙂 

9 hours ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

It surely beats grid iron in terms of pace 🙂