Coopers Community

International Beers....What ya drinking?

AussieJosh

I was in England recently for two months and tried so many exceptional ales it was inspiring.

Eventually I developed a code. I hunted down any beer which either had an animal on the label or a part of the anatomy.

Bulls Bollocks was a big have, as was Hobgoblin.

Had some beautiful draft beer in Prague as well.

And none of these beers had huge price tags, it was all very affordable.

My code is an opposite of sorts - avoid anything in a green bottle.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just polished off a bottle of Rogue Dead Guy Ale. It was a little sweet but had a nice complex malty flavour.

I would definitely do it again.

I have a Brutal IPA in the fridge so will get into that one shortly [devil]

I just polished off a bottle of Rogue Dead Guy Ale. It was a little sweet but had a nice complex malty flavour.

I would definitely do it again.

I have a Brutal IPA in the fridge so will get into that one shortly [devil]

Ooooh. Being a stereotypical metal monster, the word 'brutal' always gets my attention.

Where can I find one?

Drinking the Brutal IPA now. I was expecting something, I don't know, a little more brutal, but it is quite pleasant. It is quite unlike the Americans to oversell things [biggrin]

Not overly bitter with a citrusy flavour. An easy drinking IPA. But I have tasted many Australian IPAs that were just as good at half the price. I would drink a Feral Hop Hog over this.

I found the dead guy ale a much bolder beer.

Where to find them - I bought mine from the Oak Barrel in Sydney. They have a massive beer range.

Where to find them - I bought mine from the Oak Barrel in Sydney. They have a massive beer range.

Good shop that one...I haven't been there for a while (I might head over for a quick browse if I can slip away from work for a while [bandit] ).

Archived