Coopers Community

International Beers....What ya drinking?

AussieJosh

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

I've had a few Sierra Nevada Stouts recently. This is a great beer. It is roasty and bitter but also very smooth which balances it out.

When I drink them, I tend to drink Australian stouts with my favourites being Coopers Best Extra and Grand Ridge Hatlifter and I actually don't mind Sheaf stout.

So apart from the Irish stouts I haven't tried many foreign ones but the Sierra Nevada Stout is terrific. [love]

• 1 month later...
Tried a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale last night at this bar' date=' pretty nice I must say![/quote']

The bloke who runs the social club at work has a sixer of their torpedo IPA in the fridge which I'll have to sweat it out for until next year. Any reports?

Torpedo is fekkin awesome! [love] [love] [love] [love]

I think my beer tastes have changed since I started brewing.

I am sitting back with a Sierra Nevada Torpedo IIPA and enjoying it. When I first tasted this a long time ago I found it way too full on for me.

Now I find it quite pleasant and could easily polish off a few of them [love]

Hey all. My first post on here so go easy haha !!

I've tried and love beers from all over the world. Being originally from Scotland (moved to Perth WA a year ago), I was fortunate enough to have ready access to a load of european beers/lagers. I like Deuchars IPA, Beamish red (which I can't get any more :( ) and a load of other Ale types, Wells Banana Bread Beer is also nice for a bit of a change. I also enjoy Stella Artois, Chimay (especially red label), Becks, Corona, Singha (one of my faves) and a host of others. To be honest I am not really that fussy when it comes to beers, and have only ever tried a handful that I really don't like - Skull Splitter from Orkney being one of them, and Tenents Super and Carlsberg Special Brew being others - but they're not real beers anyway lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I would love to give this a go but haven't seen it in any Australian shops.

We get a lot more SN beer than we used to, including the Southern & Northern Hop Harvest beers so hopefully this one does make its way down here.

I had a feeling that would be the case. [cool]

Can you guys in the other states get the Vale Ale or Vale IPA from SA? Not international, I know, but the IPA is awesome. Nice heavy bottles to boot!

Dan Murphey's in Vic sotcks them. Got half a carton left here at work (my homebrew is not keeping up).

I actually prefer the Tower 10 IPA out of Vale IPA, SN Torpedo and Tower 10. Then again, I am a newbie when it comes to IPA and beers in general...

I've spruiked Theakstons Old Peculier here before, but I'll put it out there again. I really wish Australia had an interest in bitters and real ales. Guess we don't have the cellaring temperatures for it, though.

I haven't tried the main varieties, but bought a 4pk (what is that all about!) of Vale Dry a while back. Just about poured it down the sink, sour lemony dreck. Hope it was a bad batch, can't imagine they could sell that stuff for money...

I've spruiked Theakstons Old Peculier here before, but I'll put it out there again. I really wish Australia had an interest in bitters and real ales. Guess we don't have the cellaring temperatures for it, though.

I haven't tried the main varieties, but bought a 4pk (what is that all about!) of Vale Dry a while back. Just about poured it down the sink, sour lemony dreck. Hope it was a bad batch, can't imagine they could sell that stuff for money...

I remember the plug for Old Peculier Tim, and you've convinced me to make that my next beer when I go to Dan's. I do love an ESB, but I don't like to drink them all year round. My latest Styrian ESB is a cracker, but it's a shame I had to store it in the garage. Has lost way too much character in such a short time due to the heat. [crying]

I was in England recently for two months and tried so many exceptional ales it was inspiring.

Eventually I developed a code. I hunted down any beer which either had an animal on the label or a part of the anatomy.

Bulls Bollocks was a big have, as was Hobgoblin.

Had some beautiful draft beer in Prague as well.

And none of these beers had huge price tags, it was all very affordable.

Archived