Coopers Community

International Beers....What ya drinking?

AussieJosh

Love the glass Weggl, I have a "workers shirt" with a big badge on the back of it with the Stone Brewing Goblin . Always get asked where I got it from and I have to say "My sister got it from the brewery in San Diego". Again love the glass and If you want to see an interview with some of the founding fathers of Stone Brewing just check out the BREWING TV site for some good drinking TV

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After reading a bit about Dr Smurto's Timothy Taylor Landlord clone on some 'other forums' I thought I would give the original a go.

I paid a small fortune for one from Dan Murphys but it was worth it.

It is a beautiful beer [love]

If you can get your hands on one I whole-heartedly recommend it.

I will definitely be adding this to my "to-brew" list when I finally get around to all grain. I'll be happy if I can get it to taste at least half as good as the original.

• 1 month later...

As I'm over the Ditch I can say Coopers Stout, bloody good.

However a very considerate visitor from the Mother Country brought me a few bottles of William Worthington's White Shield recently. Having just finished Pete Brown's Hops and Glory I nearly had kittens when he pulled the bottles out his rucksack.

• 4 weeks later...

Shocking! I log in to the coopers site for the first time and the first banter topic is on international beer? And what was the percentage of the thing, 8.5 percent or something. My friend if your not satisfied with the generous 5.8% on offer in that marvellous creation that is coopers sparkling ale, and a step up to the hearty and wholesome 6.3% of the best extra stout (never has an adjective been used more appropriately)then I would suggest you need to buy yourself a still and start drinking grappa! Now I say all this in good jest and each person is entitled to their opinion. I myself am not impartial to trying a variety of beer out of curiosity and often have my interested palate entertained from perks and hops and fizzes from all around the world. However when it comes down to a regular beer that I want my tongue to recognises and treat as a friend, that spends hours of the good times nestled in my palm, I go no further than than our very own coopers original pale ale to call my own. And on that note I think I need to visit the fridge.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all. I've got a fantastic boutique bottle-o near me, where the walls are filled with beers from all over the world. The Coopers are in the fridge there ready for me to grab some of my personal favourite, the dark ale, but I also tend to try a different international beer every other week. Well, I did try different ones until I tried Fuller's London Porter. My god that is the most delectable beer ever. If you like a dark beer definitely try to find it. They haven't had any for a little while now [sad]

I also agree with the Emerson's IPA - it's very nice. I have a collection of bottles from the beers I liked, so will try and post some pics with my thoughts.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Weihenstephaner's offerings have been my drink and really looking forward to a tasting a couple of Infinium's, very interesting reviews on this collaboration between Samuel Adams and Weihenstephaner.

I love the Sierra Nevada Pale Ale but I find the Torpedo way over the top.

I visited Dan's today and had a Brew Punk IPA [love]

Also had a Tower 10 IPA from San Diego. It was quite nice; not as full-on as the Torpedo.

• 3 weeks later...

I've tried it before but I had another Sierra Nevada Pale Ale on the weekend and enjoyed it very much. Also, on a rare visit to my local pub on the weekend I found they had a Celebration Ale from my favourite Aussie brewer on tap....and that is all I'll say on the matter [bandit]

• 3 weeks later...

Had a longneck of Stoke Bomber Kiwi Pale Ale tonight. Wow, what a cracker of a beer! [love]

A nice malty beer with a strongish bitterness but a fruity finish.

Now I have a longneck of Gage Roads London Best to try. It was an Olympic inspiration. I know this isn't an international beer but its an English style.

+1 for the London Best !

Have you tried the Stoke Bomber Bohemian Ale ?

Really liking euro lagers/pilseners & English bitters at the moment, lately been drinking Becks , Coopers 62 pilsener , Spitfire Kentish Ale .

My homebrews have been Coopers Euro Lager & English Bitter now that I think of it too.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm enjoying a Sierra Nevada Southern Hemisphere Harvest Ale at the moment. It is a very nice beer. Its fairly bitter with generous helping of NZ hops. I am becoming a big fan of NZ hops [love]

The brewers take NZ hops to the US just to send the beer back here. I'm glad they did.

Cool bottle too [cool]

• 2 weeks later...

This doesn't technically count I guess as I'm not drinking it now, but in recent weeks in London fell madly for Bishops Finger Kentish Strong Ale...delicious!!

From their website: Charter decrees that it is brewed only on Fridays and then only by the Head Brewer using an antique Russian teak mash tun. He takes mineral water from the brewery's own 200 ft deep artesian well and adds Kentish malt from Denne Hill Farm and East Kent Goldings hops.

I'm enjoying a Sierra Nevada Southern Hemisphere Harvest Ale at the moment. It is a very nice beer. Its fairly bitter with generous helping of NZ hops. I am becoming a big fan of NZ hops [love]

The brewers take NZ hops to the US just to send the beer back here. I'm glad they did.

Cool bottle too [cool]

I had one of those last weekend - really bloody nice!

Archived