Coopers Community

International Beers....What ya drinking?

AussieJosh

My girlfriend bought home a few beers for me today! The only ones i had had before was the Leffe. So i was a bit excited! I just drank the La Guillotine and it was very nice. 8.5% ALC lots of carbonation and a very big Belgian flavour! it had lots of yeast floating around in it that kinda looked like ice....you know when you leave a beer in a freezer just a tiny bit to long? A good beer! if you have not had it i recomend it!

bbeer.th.png

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to drink various fancy European beers when I lived in London where they were more affordable but my staples were Hoegaarden and Budvar. I had a photo diary of the more obscure beers but I can't find it :( .

Dan Murphy's stock a lot of these beers and I'd like to try them again but the prices always turn me off.

• 3 weeks later...

hi all!!

mr joshua, im having an "OLD FART" right now!!

its a bronze colour english ale which to me is kinda an american ale hybrid.

it has the bitterness of an english but also a fruity aroma n flavour (amarillo hops??).

i bought it because of its name, but its actually a TOP BEER!!

I RECOMMEND IT!!

...........lol..............IM JUST NOT GOOD AT DESCRIBING THINGS!!

maybe someone else whos had it can ELABORATE for me!!

^^^ goood word that one i reckon!

cheers ladies

matt

sure is dude, aint nuttin else written on the bottle!!

good beer mate, ya wont be disspointed!

dan murphy's in sydney have it, maybe in adelaide too??

you could probably make it too with coopers english bitter base, all malt n amarillo , cascade or galaxy hops??

cheers

matt

i love their beer luke....not bad for MEXICANS!!

you will also see a EMERSONS 1812 INDIA PALE ALE......GREATEST BEER EVER MADE!!!

lol, i do have coopers bottles on same shelf,,,,,,,just not in photo!

cheers

matt

p.s. LUKE im very interested to see how your sparkling ale goes with EXTRA P.O.R. HOPS........please let me know!

• 5 weeks later...

My Gf got me a bottle of La Trappe Quadrupel Trappistenbier yeasterday, Its a corcked 500ml

A little back ground on it from the web site.

latrappe.nl

Welcome at the website of Beer Brewery de Koningshoeven, the only Trappist brewery in the Netherlands! Here, all La Trappe beers are developed and brewed in collaboration with the monks of the O.L.V. Koningshoeven Abbey.

Worldwide, only seven Trappist beers remain. Six of these come from Belgium, one comes from the Netherlands, and that is La Trappe. The beer can only be called a \u2018Trappist beer\u2019 if it is brewed at a Trappist monastery under the supervision and responsibility of the monks.

(About the Beer)

La Trappe Quadrupel

A unique Trappist beer that is even put to rest sorted by year in the cellars of the abbey for further fermentation. The strongest beer of La Trappe with a beautiful amber colour. The warm taste is full and well-balanced. A little bit sweet and pleasantly bitter. La Trappe Quadruple is also fermented in oak barrels.

Since recently, we also age La Trappe Quadrupel in oak barrels. This gives the oak-aged Trappist beer an even fuller taste with a special wooded scent, which is comparable to wood-aged red wine.

10% vol. alc., pouring temperature 10-14 \xbaC

I will drink the beer tonight and take some pics. Anyone ever had it? Any thoughts?

245fybt.jpg

ju8hu9.jpg

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...

dunno if I'm game to say, but I picked up a carton of "Imported Premium" cleanskin beer from a national retailer the other day for $30! I found out it was imported from of all places, South Korea.

I have had worse! the next day after being in my fridge for 24 hours and really cold it was quite acceptable, actually.

At the same time to make myself feel better, and to have on hand as a back up if the "premium imported" cleanskin (which has printed on it's label that it was made in sydney?) was no good, I bought myself a 6pack of Pilsner Urquell. While I really liked and enjoyed the Pilsner, I thought the TC Pilsner can does just as good a job, and for the price of 6pack, I know what I'll be doing this weekend!

The other day, after picking up a new freezer for the SWMBO, we stopped off at Dan Murphys and I picked up a hobgoblin along side with my normal Order.

I loved this beer, and so did the other boys who also got one. There was also a comment that it tastes alot like the Sparkling Ale which made me happy about it.

• 1 month later...

I was in Perth the other week and tried White Rabbit White Ale. i found out it's made in Victoria where i come from. Mmm, had to go to another state to find it. For me, i prefer a lighter bear. Loving the Coopers Pale Ale for a long time. i found the White Ale to be crisp, light and fresh with citrus trails. for me i love that.

• 3 months later...

Archived