Coopers Community

Stout Inspiration

I don't think the Jatz Stout will take off.

As a side note, I have a little plan conjured up to make something hopefully resembling a "Turkish Delight" Porter or Stout down the track. 😉

Cheers,

Lusty.

Edited by Beerlust
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Beerlust said:

I don't think the Jatz Stout will take off.

I don't know.  Something with some dry biscuit-y notes with a slight salty after-taste.  I would give it a try.  I didn't mind the chocolate with corn chip bits that came out a while ago.

2 minutes ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

I don't know.  Something with some dry biscuit-y notes with a slight salty after-taste.  I would give it a try.  I didn't mind the chocolate with corn chip bits that came out a while ago.

The thought is there, the practical application isn't IMHO.

The whole chilli beer experiment that was said to explode never happened despite a few still floating around.

Beer compliments food, it doesn't need to BE food. We have stout for those calories. 😉

Cheers,

Lusty.

We have every beer for calories. They're in the alcohol. 😜

I might have an unpopular opinion in the craft beer world but I really don't get this whole making beers that taste like food thing. I get that some styles will have hints of different things in them from the malts and hops used, but they're hints. 

I had one sip of a chilli beer once and it was effing vile. Might as well have just drunk chilli sauce. For me, beer is its own thing, it doesn't need to be everything else as well. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

We have every beer for calories. They're in the alcohol. 😜

I might have an unpopular opinion in the craft beer world but I really don't get this whole making beers that taste like food thing. I get that some styles will have hints of different things in them from the malts and hops used, but they're hints. 

I had one sip of a chilli beer once and it was effing vile. Might as well have just drunk chilli sauce. For me, beer is its own thing, it doesn't need to be everything else as well. 

Tend to agree Kelsey but if they invent beer which tastes like a medium BBQ'd ribeye then im all over it!! 😆

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

Something like a stout or porter would lend itself pretty well to being turned into a cherry ripe or something, but some of this other shit out there...no thanks. 

I think this sort of stuff is very style dependent. And also stouts are a great style for this. 

Imperial pils? Yeah nah, leave it alone. 

I look forward to how this goes for ya though Benny 

13 hours ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

I really don't get this whole making beers that taste like food thing

Where does it end Kelsey, next they will making beer from Raspberries and ales that taste like Pasito ...  

• Haha 5

I agree with you Captain, that stout does lend itself to this kind of thing, but I can see where Kelsey is coming from. Some things are better left undone, like beer with watermelon. Ugh!

Interesting thing about stout as a meal. Don't the Americans make breakfast stouts? And don't the miners in New Zealand have stout for dinner (Miner's Stout)? 

Cheers,

Christina.

Edited by ChristinaS1