Coopers Community

Digiboil

Smash

@Mickep I was in much the same position as you 18 months ago. I've been using the Digiboil for BIAB since then, very happy with the decision, no issues and regular (Brewfather tells me I've made 26 23lt batches since then) use it is working great. I too was thinking of going for a Brewzilla, probably will some day, but in the meantime this is working well. No issues getting 23lt with a sparge (usually 3 to 4 litres).

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, rodge said:

@Mickep I was in much the same position as you 18 months ago. I've been using the Digiboil for BIAB since then, very happy with the decision, no issues and regular (Brewfather tells me I've made 26 23lt batches since then) use it is working great. I too was thinking of going for a Brewzilla, probably will some day, but in the meantime this is working well. No issues getting 23lt with a sparge (usually 3 to 4 litres).

That's awesome mate, thank-you.

5 hours ago, rodge said:

nothing wrong with the digiboil  in ways its easy to convert to a brewzilla kind off anyway

as you could get a small pump that can take hot wort   and use the tap to the pump and then back up the top.

ya can even buy a mash tun and falsebottom etc    and bingo ya basicly got the brewzilla

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 6/29/2021 at 1:44 PM, rodge said:

How have you got your profile set up for this? Are you just using the brewzilla profile? Or BIAB?

I've been doing the same with no sparge for a while, but wanted to add in some sparging. When I do it screws up my calculations.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delayed response, didn't see the notification till just now.

I adapted the BIAB setup in Brewfather, tinkering with a few settings over batches. It seems to mostly work pretty well. I'm not sure how to copy it to here, but let me know if you'd like the details.