Coopers Community

Raspberry wheat beer help

Howdy all,

I want to brew something I haven’t done before and found this raspberry wheat beer in the recipe section 

https://www.diybeer.com/au/recipe/raspberry-wheat-beer.html

My questions are.....

I’d like to add colour to the brew so can I sub the raspberry tea bags for actual raspberries? If so how much for a 23ltr batch and at what stage during the whole process?

how with the sugar in the fruit affect the fermentation process?

i can’t locate the pink boots hop but it mentions it’s a blend of mosaic, citra and something else.... can I use equal parts of each individually?

TIA 

mitch

or you could use 1kg of frozen rasberries and "dry hop" with them.

Did that with my Raspberry Saison and they added colour and flavour. Although less colour and maybe flavour than i was hoping for. But that had Saison yeast and the APA can colour to contend with.

Happy how it turned out though

• Thanks 1

• 3 years later...

It's on the spreadsheet as updated by SOS. The link is broken or they have taken it down. The recipe is according to the spreadsheet:

• Preacher's Hefe Wheat can
  • 1kg LDME
  • 25g Pink Boots Mixed hops (whatever that is) 25g (doesn't specify whether dry or steep, I'm assuming steep)
  • 250g crystal malt, cold steeped (probably night before)
  • 5x raspberry and loganberry tea bags, steeped added on day 6
  • US-05 yeast (and also indicates to use brew can yeast but probably can be omitted) no clue on brew temp.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Not sure where the recipe on-line got to.  Maybe @Coopers DIY Beer Team can look into it and let us know.

When this recipe went out as a ROTM, it included the current Pink Boots hop blend. Because the ratios of the different varieties weren't known and the Pink Boots blend changes every year, it was decided to remove the recipe once we were sure stocks had been exhausted in Australia.  Cheers! 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Coopers DIY Beer Team said:

When this recipe went out as a ROTM, it included the current Pink Boots hop blend. Because the ratios of the different varieties weren't known and the Pink Boots blend changes every year, it was decided to remove the recipe once we were sure stocks had been exhausted in Australia.  Cheers! 

Thanks for the explanation Frank. Makes sense.

• Like 3