Coopers Community

Looks like your prayers have been answered... Coopers XPA Clone

36 minutes ago, King Ruddager said:

Always interesting to see the ingredients.

Also, at 24L I think this is the biggest batch I've seen in the recipes!

It sure is a big batch, and looks yummy too. But I think the Lemondrop hops will be hard to find at the LHBS. Kegland has them but its expensive to just ship one pack of hops :(.

Also, there are a few 25L recipes just so you know :). Here they are:

image.png.f12cea370a86df329a0fdea7cda027d8.png

4 hours ago, MitchellScott said:

Let us know how it is!

I didn't get there in the end. Was a queue of 4 people in front of me at the barber so by the time I actually got the haircut I went home with my tail between my legs so SWMBO didnt ask questions. 

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, King Ruddager said:

Always interesting to see the ingredients.

Also, at 24L I think this is the biggest batch I've seen in the recipes!

Living in Canada, I am unable to view the recipe. Will someone please post it here for me? I am curious.

Thanks a bunch.

Christina.

You can't even view the recipe? 😲

https://www.diybeer.com/au/recipe/coopers-xpa.html

1 × Australian Pale Ale (1.7kg)
1 × Thomas Coopers Light Malt Extract (1.5kg)
1 × Coopers Light Dry Malt (500g)
1 × Coopers Carbonation Drops (250g)
1 × 400g Crystal Malt Grains
2 × 25g Simcoe Hop Pellets
1 × 25g Lemondrop Hop Pellets
1 × Coopers Commercial Yeast Culture (or use the brew can yeast)

Half the hops are @15, the other half dry

24L

Also, it's already sold out!

Edited by King Ruddager

Wow all gone already! I was thinking about grabbing it haha.

Will have to track down somewhere that sells Lemondrop hops if I wanna brew it in the future I guess 😛

14 minutes ago, NewBrews said:

Mine got delivered this morning 😀

Make sure you let us know how it tastes after you've kegged/bottled it!

• Like 1

Hi Christina - just in case the link from King Ruddager still can't be viewed from Canada -

>>>

Ingredients

1 x 1.7kg Coopers Australian Pale Ale

1 x 1.5kg Thomas Coopers Light Malt Extract

1 x 500g Coopers Light Dry Malt

1 x 400g Crystal Malt Grains

2 x 25g Simcoe Hop Pellets

1 x 25g Lemondrop Hop Pellets

1 x Coopers Commercial Yeast Culture (or use the brew can yeast)

1 x 250g Coopers Carbonation Drops

1. Mix

The Day Before: Line a pot (at least 5 litres) with a mesh cleaning cloth (pulled straight from the pack).

Place all the grains in a plastic zip-lock sandwich bag and crack them using a rolling pin.

Add the cracked grain and 3 litres of cold water, fit the lid and sit in the fridge overnight.

Brew Day: Gather up the corners of the mesh cloth and lift, allowing the liquid to drain from the grains back into the pot.

Place the strained liquid onto the stovetop, add half of the Light Dry Malt and stir to dissolve

Bring to the boil, add 1 of the Simcoe and Half of the Lemondrop Hop Pellets boil for 15 minutes and then remove from the heat.

Cool the liquid by placing the pot in a bath of cold water for about 15mins.

Add the Coopers Australian Pale Ale, the liquid Thomas Coopers Light Malt Extract, the remaining Light Dry Malt and the cooled Hop and Grain liquid to the fermenting vessel (FV) then stir to dissolve. Don’t be concerned if lumps of Light Dry Malt persist as they will dissolve over the course of several hours.

Top up with cold tap water to 20 litres and stir thoroughly.

Check the temperature and top up to 24 litres with warm or cool water (refrigerated if necessary) to start the brew at 18°C.

Stir in the Coopers Commercial Yeast Culture, fit the lid then let the temperature naturally rise to 18°C-22°C. For the How To Reactivate Coopers Commercial Yeast Culture video, click here. If Coopers Commercial Yeast Culture is unavailable use the brew can yeast.

2. Brew

Place the FV in a location out of direct sunlight and ferment at 18C to 22C.

Fermentation should take around 9 to 12 days.

On day 6, add the remaining Simcoe and Lemondrop hops (we recommend wrapping them in a mesh cleaning cloth, pulled straight from the wrapper).

On day 9 check the specific gravity (SG).

Check the SG again the following day and so on.

3. Bottle

The brew is ready once the SG has stabilised over 2 days, expect about 1012 to 1015.

Gently fill clean PET bottles to about 3cm from the top.

Add 2 carbonation drops per bottle and secure the caps.

Store the bottles upright in a location out of direct sunlight at or above 18C.

4. Enjoy

After at least two weeks, check for sufficient carbonation by squeezing the PET bottles.

A hop driven beer such as this is often at its best when young

When ready to drink, chill the bottles upright.

The chilled beer may be poured into clean glassware, leaving the sediment behind.

Expect the alcohol content to be approximately 5.4% ABV.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ChristinaS1 said:

Living in Canada, I am unable to view the recipe. Will someone please post it here for me? I am curious.

Thanks a bunch.

Christina.

Christina - I believe it’s due to the Coopers site redirecting you to the US website based on your location - if you have a VPN just set your server location as Australia and you will probably be able to view the recipes.

Cheers, Gaz.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Gazzala said:

Christina - I believe it’s due to the Coopers site redirecting you to the US website based on your location - if you have a VPN just set your server location as Australia and you will probably be able to view the recipes.

Cheers, Gaz.

Yep that's probably it...

Christina, if you use Google Chrome, download this as an extension and set your location to Australia. Pages will be slow to load but will allow you to view it as we see it :).

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/uvpn-free-and-unlimited-v/coahpcpgfnnaddeelpphpifmgfobflog

• Thanks 1

If anyone missed out and wants to try it, BeerCo have the lemondrop hops in stock. In fact they've even dropped the price since I ordered mine, so they might be clearing them out.

https://beerco.com.au/collections/us-hops/products/lemondrop™-hopsteiner-experimental-hop-01210-us-hops?variant=8208509370469

If you use this link, you'll get a discount code to use during checkout and we both get a 10% discount! http://beercoptyltd.refr.cc/matthewsmall

2 minutes ago, Instigator said:

If anyone missed out and wants to try it, BeerCo have the lemondrop hops in stock. In fact they've even dropped the price since I ordered mine, so they might be clearing them out.

https://beerco.com.au/collections/us-hops/products/lemondrop™-hopsteiner-experimental-hop-01210-us-hops?variant=8208509370469

If you use this link, you'll get a discount code to use during checkout and we both get a 10% discount! http://beercoptyltd.refr.cc/matthewsmall

Looks like they only have stock of the 500g packs 😞