Coopers Community

What quick disconnects to buy?

1 hour ago, Cerveja said:

I went stainless and have since changed to the plastic. Way lighter so the lines stay where you want and a cinch to get on and off.

My disconnects attach to my keg posts so the weight of them doesn’t make any difference. My SS ones are easy to get on and off and will last me forever

On 6/8/2019 at 11:39 PM, Beer Baron said:

My disconnects attach to my keg posts so the weight of them doesn’t make any difference. My SS ones are easy to get on and off and will last me forever

Yeah mine do too, so I could go the Stainless route without any problems.

4 hours ago, Mark D Pirate said:

I use the barbed CMB disconnects,  no leaks since. 

I've built up quite a few setups now and each one works perfectly 

Hmm, similar sort of price to stainless steel... Wonder what would be better out of the two?

19 minutes ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

Don't all disconnects attach to the keg posts? 😂

Not gonna lie that's what I thought too but I thought maybe there is something I am missing.

After a bit of research I think ill try out the CMB ones. What do you guys lubricate the o-rings with?

Mitch.

1 hour ago, Beer Baron said:

I was being a smart a$&e. I couldn’t understand why the plastic ones being lighter would make the lines stay where you want

Maybe hard to explain and harder to understand but all I know is since moving to plastics my beer lines are much easier to move around the kegerator and stay exactly where I want them. Not trying to be a smart a$&e, just offering an opinion to OP.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

It's a good idea to use it. Sometimes I forget but the things are much easier to remove and put on if the post is lubricated. I suspect it extends the life of the O rings as well. 

That's what I figured... It's certainly not going to hurt and should help with a good seal/extending the life of the orings. Although I will ensure I replace all O-rings yearly.

9 hours ago, Cerveja said:

Maybe hard to explain and harder to understand but all I know is since moving to plastics my beer lines are much easier to move around the kegerator and stay exactly where I want them. Not trying to be a smart a$&e, just offering an opinion to OP.

All good mate, I think I understand what you are saying now :).

I will buy some CMB disconnects today and next time I am at the LHBS I'll see if he has some Keg Lube. Fingers crossed should solve my problems.

Cheers 🙂

15 minutes ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

I don't think the o rings need to be replaced yearly. My kegs all still have the originals on them from 3-4 years ago and are fine. You don't replace them in household taps every year...

True... But $1.50 from the LHBS gets you a full set of O-Rings for your posts/dip tubes so for that price its more of a peace of mind thing.

• Like 1

I've set up a spreadsheet with what maintenance has been done on each keg, what it's full of and when. 

All O rings have been replaced over time with quality silicone items rather than rubber , a very light smear of lube is all you need.... Too much isn't a good thing 

Thanks for the help guys.

The CMB disconnects came last Friday and I installed them last night, they seem to be a much nicer fit and I no longer have the leak when pushing on the disconnect.

I also grabbed some lube from my LHBS and put a light smear on the o-ring.

Cheers :).

On 6/15/2019 at 6:27 AM, Mark D Pirate said:

I've set up a spreadsheet with what maintenance has been done on each keg, what it's full of and when. 

Now that is being organised!!! 

I barely write anything down now. I’m just too lazy