Coopers Community

Dry July

Beer Baron

In my eyes beer is alcoholic and I wouldn’t touch that other shit if you paid me. 

That is like cooking that new chicken free chicken on the barbecue. 

That would be a great combo. Alcohol free beer while cooking chicken free chicken!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This will throw the cat amongst the pigeons,,,

20190722_165010.thumb.jpg.0706397e47e642e87a31d4c7be5150f3.jpg

Pushing the boundary's of dry July with a possible <0.5%,,

No way Id pay $14 for a 6 pack other than this once just to try it,

Clean, crisp, light malt undertone, slightly dry finish perfectly drinkable & if you where a lager / pilsner fan you might enjoy it, out of the Heineken & Bitburger its defiantly the better drink, but that's not really much of an achievement 😂

One of my junior staff came up with the ideal solution for Dry July.

Coopers Dry, Carlton Dry, Toohey's Extra Dry, Hahn Super Dry, Asahi Super Dry.... 😁

They may need to make up a new catch phrase if this catches on! 😋

Cheers,

Lusty.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, Beerlust said:

One of my junior staff came up with the ideal solution for Dry July.

Coopers Dry, Carlton Dry, Toohey's Extra Dry, Hahn Super Dry, Asahi Super Dry.... 😁

They may need to make up a new catch phrase if this catches on! 😋

Cheers,

Lusty.

I'd rather drink Birrell Lusty. My wife and I had one with tacos for dinner on the weekend. I enjoyed it, but would be buying it at $25 a case rather than $14 a 6-pack! 

Cheers, 

John 

Edited by porschemad911
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, porschemad911 said:

I'd rather drink Birrell Lusty. My wife and I had one with tacos for dinner on the weekend. I enjoyed it, but would be buying it at $25 a case rather than $14 a 6-pack! 

It must have been an old dated bottle to miss that flavour bomb. 😉

"DB spent close to $3 million launching Heineken 0.0, This summer will be the beer brand's first in the New Zealand market.

Figures from the company show one in every 10 Heineken sold is either Heineken 0.0 or Heineken Light.

A spokesman said "If you look globally, within two years, one in five beers sold will be low or no-alcohol, and there's no reason why New Zealand will be different,""

From a 2018 news article I found looking for Holsten 0% in NZ, dont seem to be able to buy it,,,

Edited by Mikes15

Well I guess that's done... Certainly seemed to go by very quickly (for me at least). 

A couple more weeks for me though... Then the BentSpoke Big Nut 4-pack in the fridge will be consumed (hopefully still tasting fresh and hoppy), I can taste my MOTB entry to see if it's actually any good (most likely not) and I can start slowly making some room in my beer cupboard for new brews. I did a quick count in my head last night and there would be about 6 cases worth of 10 different beers in there at the moment, plus most of a case of mead elsewhere (wouldn't fit). 

Cheers, 

John 

Edited by porschemad911
  • Like 2

Yes yes yes I made it!!!! 

I’ll have a beer when I get home tomorrow night at 8pm to celebrate. 

I did bugger all exercise and ate crap and I’m very very disappointed with myself for that. I ended up losing 2 kilos for the month and feel a bit lighter. 

Would I do dry July again..........Probably not. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Dry July doesn't suit me, it's when I complete a lap around the sun.

940 million km, you deserve a drink after doing that.

I like my stouts in the cold months.

Lagers and pale in the warm.

How about a dry April?

• Like 1

On 8/1/2019 at 9:25 AM, Beer Baron said:

I did bugger all exercise and ate crap and I’m very very disappointed with myself for that. I ended up losing 2 kilos for the month and feel a bit lighter. 

I've done it a couple of times, but I wouldn't do it again.
The hardest time I found was a Sunday afternoon while preparing the Sunday Roast. I love a beer or glass of red wine when I''m doing that.
For me I think the best time of year to give up would be March or September. Not too cold to worry about having a stout or red wine.
Not too hot to think about a thirst quenching lager.

I'm trying to lose a bit of weight at the moment and I"m happier not drinking Mon - Thurs, and then having a modest amount over the weekend.

Well done to all those who did do it though.

• Like 2

On 8/3/2019 at 12:09 AM, Marvin said:

Dry July doesn't suit me, it's when I complete a lap around the sun.

940 million km, you deserve a drink after doing that.

I like my stouts in the cold months.

Lagers and pale in the warm.

How about a dry April?

Arid April.

There you go sorted. I'll give it a miss. My birthday is in April.

• Haha 1

Back home we have either dry November cos you need to save the pennies for Christmas or we have dry January cos you’re complete broke from being pished over the holidays

its not too bad in the winter when there’s only 6 hours of daylight but it’s summer here so no chance of going dry those months. 

On 8/1/2019 at 11:25 AM, Beer Baron said:

I seem to have lost about 2kg also without any effort & drinking all those high sugar 0% "beers"😂

• Haha 1