Coopers Community

So many recipes and so little time!

ozlizard

I have an empty fermenter and it keeps looking at me accusingly. I am limited in what I can brew due to the local availability of ingredients, mainly yeast, everything else is pretty much here.

I suppose I can order online, but that takes time.

Every time I watch a YouTube video where they are brewing up a NEIPA I start licking my lips. Think it's trying to tell me something?

Is it possible to produce one with an extract brew and if it is, is there a recipe for that? Any other suggestions for similar beers would be appreciated or something I haven't even thought of!

Thanks PADDYBREW2, funny that,  I actually watched this video ages ago and forgot all about it (old age will do that to ya!).

Have to get me one of those pots, think I can get everything else I need locally. This fits the bill nicely as I was thinking about doing something a little more "challenging".

Cheers!

I’ve done that recipe a few months ago. She’s a cracker. Bit expensive I recall as I used 300 gms of hops but you can use 200 gms. Also get the bigger 19 litre pot from big w as it’s much more suited than the smaller 10 litre one 

• Like 1

Cracked open a bottle of the APA while waiting for my mash (NEIPA) as one of them fizzed out the top when I was releasing the pressure and dropped the level. The bottle wasn't firming up so though I would chuck it in the fridge and sacrifice it. It actually isn't too bad at all, the hops are coming through, nice touch of bitterness and I think the bottle fermentation pushed it above 5%, cos if you had a few of these you would be under the table! Will do a  "proper" taste test in about a weeks time.

• Like 1