Coopers Community

fermenting times

EWildcat7

23 hours ago, Shamus O'Sean said:

Dumb question time:

What is a yeast bank?  Or are you snobs just trying to big-note a shelf in your fridge?

Shamus, now come on mate.  What is a yeast bank?   It's a bit like a Sperm Bank but just with a different type of Seed! 😝

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, Bearded Burbler said:

...I am picking up on the ISMS but would suggest that line of thought would then deliver anarchism, bonism, communism, dualism... all the way to zoism and zootheism as being partners in rhyme.

Don't forget "burblerism". 😜

5 hours ago, Bearded Burbler said:

...Maybe you have reached a higher plane via transcendentalism that I have not yet quite attained?! 😋

I would suggest one of us is drinking stout, the other is drinking standard octane level beer. 😉

I hope the lager turns out well for you.

Cheers,

Lusty.

1 hour ago, Beerlust said:

Don't forget "burblerism". 😜

I would suggest one of us is drinking stout, the other is drinking standard octane level beer. 😉

I hope the lager turns out well for you.

Cheers,

Lusty.

Aaaargh Lusty no I was particulary sober during the above excursion have no fear!?! 😜

I had to be majorly sober this afternoon as I was putting down my latest AG Sparkling with freshly milled Ale Malt, Biscuit Malt and with the current (basic) infrastructure I have to keep my wits about me with temp control so waited till now to have a beer.  

But luvyerwork regards the new Ism...  Burblerism…. truly splendid it has to be said!

Am hoping my first foray into an AG Lager does turn out - using Kelsey's temp/time regime - plus the general Coops Community W34/70 yeast recommendation....  being the Lager it is quite a long process... am hoping to bottle tomorrow.  Is currently in the brew fridge down at 2.6 deg C and looking promisingly clear. 

Cheers mate.

BB

• Like 1

And hopefully my latest AG will not be disturbed by this lot that seems to be developing more boldness by the day... imagine if they got a taste for that beautiful AG brew - they'd be smashing the windows and jumping through to help themselves.... 

image.png.64877d98eaa981fd57c63bbf8e2bad3c.png

Edited by Bearded Burbler
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Bearded Burbler said:

And hopefully my latest AG will not be disturbed by this lot that seems to be developing more boldness by the day... imagine if they got a taste for that beautiful AG brew - they'd be smashing the windows and jumping through to help themselves.... 

image.png.64877d98eaa981fd57c63bbf8e2bad3c.png

Spread the brewed grains out there, might make the roo meat nice and sweet.😉👍🍺

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Spudley said:

Spread the brewed grains out there, might make the roo meat nice and sweet.😉👍🍺

That's it Spudley - problem is that a mate at work has put dibs on the spent grain to feed his nags😝

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I still reckon, if you aren't using a kveik just a normal ale yeast , especially coopers tin yeast, I use a 14/14 day split broken down as follows

1. Primary 9 days 
  2. Dry hop 5 days ( leave in primary)
  3. Bottle 12 days ( sitting at about 24 celcius)
  4. Chill in fridge 2 days
  5. Start drinking.

More than that is just  fluffin around.

Basically remember the rule  is

2 weeks in the tank,

2 weeks in the bank,

then drank.

• Haha 2