Coopers Community

Briess LME Plastic Containers

James Lao

Hi all,

Have had several months off brewing but I am planning a return with an extract brew.

Was thinking of using  some of the Briess Munich malt LME gear.

Was wondering if you can fill these plastic containers with boiling water to help get the dregs out like you do for steel type LME containers?

I am pretty sure you can but just felt like asking the question on the Coopers forum, its been a while!

Cheers

James

Robobrew and the kegerator are gone!

Put them on Gumtree and they went within a couple of days.

Disappointing thing (apart from actually selling them), was they didn’t go to homebrewers !

The  Robo went to a whisky maker and the kegerator went to a Corona drinker who wanted to get kegs from U brew it instead of buying cartons all the time - oh well!

Back to bottling and extract brewing til next tax return!

Its good to be back !

Cheers brew legends!

James

Dropped about $100 off the retail price for the Robo and about $150 off the kegerator 2 x tap kegking latest version at the time (12-18 months old).

They went that quick that I made sure the fermenters and all the other brewing gear were overpriced and wouldn't sell (glad they didn't)!.

Just in case I was right to brew again, which I am now - happy days!!

Cheers Newbrews, most of my favourite commercial beers and my AG home brews usually have a bit of Munich in so keen to see what the LME version is like!

Cheers

James

• Like 2

Had a bit of a dodgy hip / glute / back issue that wasn't going away / getting worse over time.

But got it sorted now with some excellent Core strengthening exercises - 10 min every morning, feel 20 years younger and stronger!

Probably  won't go back to doing double brew days just yet though and stick to a cartons worth of drinking  a week (not 2)!!

Cheers

James

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Was looking that way for a bit for me mate.

I can't say enough for the core strengthening exercises,  they really have turned my situation around.

The most simple tasks was putting me in a fair bit of pain with nothing seeming to work.

Found these exercises and am fit and healthy again which is the main thing , and back brewing again!

Cheers

• Like 4

7 hours ago, James Lao said:

Found these exercises and am fit and healthy again which is the main thing , and back brewing again!

Nice one... I've got my fair share of residual aches and pains from years of bball. Physio is always a chore, but some of the exercises / stretches are pure gold. 

Welcome back to brewing! Nothing wrong with extract brewing at all, although you will usually have to live with a higher FG than all-grain. But that's no worries, still tastes great. 

Cheers, 

John 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1