Coopers Community

All Things Salumi

ben 10

2 hours ago, Otto Von Blotto said:

Also did a ham again this year this one bone in. Brined for 2 weeks and a couple of days, boiled and smoked on Sunday and on Xmas day I glazed it, this time in the smoker without anything in the water bowl. Turned out bloody nice. Didn't get any sliced pics but there is some leftover.

PSX_20191227_093137.thumb.jpg.0f195747ddabcec3338bbcc71e34a6ee.jpg

I did a glazed ham ( bone in ) on the Kamado Joe yesterday as we had family over, got so bloody busy with family I forgot to take any pics ☹️
Got the other ham half to glaze & cook up in next few days so I’ll take some pics 😜

• Like 1

On 12/27/2019 at 3:18 PM, Spudley said:

Got a Glaze on for Xmas as well Breakfast Marmalade, Brown Suger , Maple 🍁 Syrup , Dijon Mustard, Lubly 👍

21D56BFB-E233-4250-9AF8-97501B51B065.jpeg

Very pretty on top of the great work cooking & prep. Looks divine!

As with Ben 10, love your posts in this space. Both very talented lads (IMHO). 😎

Lusty.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Ben 10 said:

Didn't know you had the book... 🍻

By my stupid questions you would think I did not have it ; )

I have been focusing on the AG thing - then the kegging thing - and have not yet got to Wurst and Curing...

And maybe eventually then Cold and Hot Smoking... so much to learn as @Aussiekraut said the other day!

And the bllllaaardy never ending fires saga and power outages have not helped (but I have not been badly affected like some).

I need to get hold of some essential equipment and the other key ingredients and then gather up the courage to have a crack.

• Like 1