Coopers Community

All Things Salumi

ben 10

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2021 at 11:35 AM, Classic Brewing Co said:

Buy one of these https://www.ezidri.com.au/ezidri-food-dehydrators

I have the FD500 works like a treat.    One of our members sells them https://threechinsbrewing.com.au/

Hoppy won't mind a plug I am sure.

Cheers

Phil

Snackmaker FD500 DIGITAL Unit

As I said a while ago, was looking into one of these but ended up buying a Sunbeam 4-in-1 Air Fryer so that I can do multiple cooking tasks with the one unit.  It can dehydrate, bake, roast as well as air fry.   Have only tried air frying spicy sticky chicken wings and sweet potato fries and very happy with the result.  The rotating basket crisps up the chips beautifully.  It also comes with a rotisserie for doing a whole chicken and the unit is not much bigger than some of the bucket type air fryers.  Looking forward to trying to do some beef jerky.  The removable drip tray at the bottom catches any fat or crumbs then it can got straight into the dishwasher.

image.png.e49b09b5f0e40e32b44c6ef7b2eeb68f.png

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, iBooz2 said:

As I said a while ago, was looking into one of these but ended up buying a Sunbeam 4-in-1 Air Fryer so that I can do multiple cooking tasks with the one unit.  It can dehydrate, bake, roast as well as air fry.   Have only tried air frying spicy sticky chicken wings and sweet potato fries and very happy with the result.  The rotating basket crisps up the chips beautifully.  It also comes with a rotisserie for doing a whole chicken and the unit is not much bigger than some of the bucket type air fryers.  Looking forward to trying to do some beef jerky.  The removable drip tray at the bottom catches any fat or crumbs then it can got straight into the dishwasher.

Looks good Al, Try my HOT Beef Jerky Recipe 🌶️ & attached a few others. Cheers.

image.thumb.png.23b3475e4fac046666a80cac8f342b44.pngJERKY RECIPES.rtf

JERKY RECIPES.rtf

Edited by Classic Brewing Co
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/11/2021 at 6:38 PM, disgruntled said:

Turkish Sukuc. Beef with a little lamb. In Sheep Bungs. 500g of the mix in each.

ABSOLUTELY sensational. Garlic, cumin, allspice and chilli. Who would have thought that would be a great sausage?

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
27 minutes ago, Classic Brewing Co said:

Looking real good D' I bet they punch a bit of flavour,

Should do, heaps of pepper, fennel and chilli.

BTW for those watching at home Sheep Bungs are the best skins ever.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, disgruntled said:

Should do, heaps of pepper, fennel and chilli.

BTW for those watching at home Sheep Bungs are the best skins ever.

I saw them at Country Brewer a while ago but I suppose you can order online as well, must check it out, now I am settled at Glenelg with lots more room I am going to get into smoking ( meat 🤣 ) & get heaps of Jerky going, trouble is still unpacking 🥵

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Mickep said:

Really good casings IMO.

Yep. The best I have found.

Just got a new seal for my Reber and 100mL oil.  Winequip were great, $30 including delivery, Andrew contacted me after I emailed - he was at home on covid isolation.

Great service.

• Like 2