Coopers Community

All Things Salumi

ben 10

On 6/13/2021 at 11:35 AM, CLASSIC said:

Buy one of these https://www.ezidri.com.au/ezidri-food-dehydrators

I have the FD500 works like a treat.    One of our members sells them https://threechinsbrewing.com.au/

Hoppy won't mind a plug I am sure.

Would not mind one of these gadgets myself.

@Hoppy81 There is a spelling mistake on the menu of your web site - Distilling.   Hope its all going well for you there - Cheers.

7 minutes ago, iBooz2 said:

@Hoppy81 There is a spelling mistake on the menu of your web site - Distilling.   Hope its all going well for you there - Cheers.

Ah yeah I see, thanks for that mate.

Business is doing really well thanks. 

Edited by Hoppy81
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, iBooz2 said:

Hey Al you wouldn't regret it, I have had mine for a few years, bought it mainly for Beef Jerky but I have dried chilli's, tomatoes, Nectarines & other stuff. I had a cheaper version before but I can definitely recommend this brand.

20210224_150723.jpg

20210225_094131.jpg

20210224_152137.jpg

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, The Captain!! said:

They sure do mate. Been making the same recipe for decades

Yeah I grew up with them as a youngster, Mum & Dad had a Vineyard/Fruit property & employed lots of migrants in the early days & I remember all of the preserves, pickles, cured meats etc, we also had Greek folk who also have their own way - all good stuff & they are still doing it today.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Captain!! said:

Looks great mate!!! Good to see Nonna there with the eyeball wine measurement!

LOVE IT!!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Green Blob said:

Looks great mate!!! Good to see Nonna there with the eyeball wine measurement!

LOVE IT!!!!

You should have seen the salt! Mate, it’s crucial as you know, she didn’t give a fugg. That’ll do she says. However you say that in Italian. 
our side was much more precise. Especially with the salt. It was a great day. Two lots of sausage made and completely different. So much wine and so much fun. My fingers are buggered now though. 

Edited by The Captain!!
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, The Captain!! said:

This is what makes Australia a good place to live in. It beats the Lamb Chops and two Veg.

Hopefully these skills/recipes are  being past on and not lost.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pickles Jones said:

This is what makes Australia a good place to live in. It beats the Lamb Chops and two Veg.

Hopefully these skills/recipes are  being past on and not lost.

I live in a community where there is so many “dings” as they are affectionately known. I got told today that ive been dingarised. Ha ha ha I’m like, I’ve been like this my whole life. Growing up in a footy club full of em ya just become accustomed. It’s normal to me. 
my friends from other states are like, what the hell! 

we cooked up the fritalli (unsure how it’s spelt) today and that was absolutely horrible. But the Dings loved it! Boiled pig skin in pig fat and pig bones. 

0E0ED0EB-71BA-401E-B29A-3A5BCBE0A8D3.jpeg

Edited by The Captain!!
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, The Captain!! said:

Certainly is an aquired taste. The texture is like snot

Cap,

Lived and worked in Zimbabwe Africa for a few years. One of the local's fav's was a cook up called Mazondo (Boiled cow's feet) Same same. lots of gelatinous snot and a broth full of fat and bones.

Take it or leave it really. Nah - leave it. Stuck to the BBQ with more Ozzie traditional fare. I will say this though they could make a killer Biltong and their Boerewors (sausage) was to die for.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mickep said:

Take it or leave it really. Nah - leave it. Stuck to the BBQ with more Ozzie traditional fare. I will say this though they could make a killer Biltong and their Boerewors (sausage) was to die for.

I am with you there mate, they can cook & eat what they want but I don't want any part of it. 🤮  Biltong & Boerewors OK. 👍

• Like 1

On 7/10/2021 at 5:43 PM, The Captain!! said:

Sausages finished. Great day with the Italian side of the family. 

Wow... that is crrrrankin' Kapitan!!! Great photos and what an amazing big food fest... mine that follow are a bit smaller scale haha!  ; )

• Thanks 1

Recent Wurst Making efforts... first photo mixed in trays before the overnight inoculated ferment at 27 deg 😄

Special thanks to @Green Blob BT Blobski for prior coaching! 👍

One a Pepper Wurst following prior recipe and a new one Fennel and Walnut... sausage stuffing following day and then into the curing cabinet:

image.thumb.png.40f693220cca500fa837beeaed3d7ac6.png

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Did not smoke just baked them off slowly... was v windy and I haven't mastered the barbie-smoking just yet... so oven was easy.... and some lovely bacon has resulted.... 

Three minor variations : )  

Plain - smoky paprika added - and then one with a rub of further Maple Syrup 

image.thumb.png.2ec41ff3abf296ee6c87d962e73ae112.png

• Like 1